What's new

Back Plate replacement?

It is that easy to replace. 2 screws-you need the correct screwdriver-pentalope I think is what it's called. Most repalcement screens on ebay come with one. It takes about 3 minutes to replace. One note, anything other than OEM Apple will not be Gorilla Glass.

Like others have said, it's $29 to get it replaced with OEM at the Apple store. If you use a case, get the $10 on ebay.

I know that the back cover is simple to do, it's the front cover that I'm worried about. Garrett, are the screws all the same size? I'm worried that I wont know which screws go where when it comes to putting it all back together.

If you are not comfortable or have experience I would stay away from doing the front. There are plenty of companies who can do it for you for around $100 or so.

Hey folks, new to the forum. I didn't notice a particular "repair sub-forum" to post this in.

Awhile back I dropped my iphone 4 (Verizon) into water, quickly retrieved it, and put in a bag of rice for a couple days. Certain features didn't work immediately, but came back eventually.

Now, the back plate is peeling up from the top of the phone. Lint, dust, etc. get in and distort the camera and flash. I found a site with replacement backs "CNN". Is it that easy? Just unscrew, slide out, and replace? Or will I need to replace the camera flash and/or diffuser?

Camera works fine, however, when I use the flash it produces a smoky/foggy effect.

All guidance and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If its the peeling thats bothering you i would recommend you get your back plate replaced. Its a really simple procedure and doesnt take much time at all. I have swapped many back plates out and weird enough i ordered a brushed aluminum plate for my 4s yesterday from CNN. Itll take some time to get here but i think the quality of CNN is good. You might need to see how your flash actually looks

What's CNN?

cnn is a place where you are able to buy many different parts for different kind of phones. I believed the company is located in china since shipping is taking a while from them. No direct linking because i dont know the rules but u can google yourself

cnn is a place where you are able to buy many different parts for different kind of phones. I believed the company is located in china since shipping is taking a while from them. No direct linking because i dont know the rules but u can google yourself

yeah its located in china and takes about 2 weeks to get a product delivered to the states. But the website is cnn dot cn

thats where i got the backplate you can see earlier in this thread on post #6