What's new

Auxo crashing springboard

Yeah. I love the people who always try to tell you that Apple's implementation of MultiTasking since 4S works such that RAM issues are a thing of the past. Well - Multitasking does help - but it doesn't make RAM running low a non-issue. Though I've never had my phone turn off for lack of RAM (Apple specs will tell you this is actually impossible - but we're running jailbroken), I have had my phone run so slowly as to be non-useful. This was 4 and 4S days (500MB RAM) days.

For what it's worth - Auxo itself is not a crashing tweak. Last time I restored I ran Auxo for 24 hours with only Winterboard present. Nothing else. I used a lot in that period and no crashing of any kind. So it's definitely a clash with some other tweak. But all the tweaks I run - I need. And I "don't need" Auxo. So the decision was easy for me.

Giving that, I've actually previously uninstalled everything on my iPhone 4, except NC Settings.
I was still experiencing crashes, so I opted to uninstall Auxo. Boom, crashes fixed. 2 updates later I reinstalled Auxo and gave it another try.
Same problem. To be fair, I didn't research what was making this tweak, or another tweak, crash. I uninstalled Auxo and my iPhone was good to go again.

Not sure if its NC Settings,but it seems highly probable in my mind. :)

Giving that, I've actually previously uninstalled everything on my iPhone 4, except NC Settings.
I was still experiencing crashes, so I opted to uninstall Auxo. Boom, crashes fixed. 2 updates later I reinstalled Auxo and gave it another try.
Same problem. To be fair, I didn't research what was making this tweak, or another tweak, crash. I uninstalled Auxo and my iPhone was good to go again.

Not sure if its NC Settings,but it seems highly probable in my mind. :)
Yea, Darkstar. I hear ya. NCSettings has been through a couple bumps and I think, "3"?, updates since the jailbreak? Plus, you can't really do a real test without being completely restored. When you uninstall a tweak it does NOT uninstall its dependency files nor its data files per se. Now Auxo, I don't think, has any dependency files like Winterboard has several like "libhide", etc. But something in the preference files of other tweaks could still have been there causing Auxo's crashes. At other forums I visit some people are running perfectly clean with Auxo. That proves it's not 100% Auxo's fault. The problem, of course, is that these developers test "in a bubble" just running a jailbreak and their own tweak. :(. Silly way to work. But they can't test for every contingency.

I've been surprised how I've been able to live without SBSettings too. To its credit it takes 3 - 4 tweaks to replace all its functionality. But not impossible. And now since Springtomize's recent update - we can have RAM readout in our status bar again (without SBSettings too). YEEEEES!!!!!!!! Though I'm frustrated both Springtomize and SBSettings add in 'Wired RAM' as 'usable'. It is not. The only true RAM availability is Free + Inactive. Wired and Active we have no real access to. The one RAM reading tweak out there that shows true availability is ncRam (lower case "nc" - there's one called NCRam too - which shows FREE+INACTIVE +WIRED). So if you want to see your real RAM availability get ncRam and set it to show in your Notification Center at the top. WiredRAM added in (which is what you get with SBSettings, NCRam and Springtomize2) gives you an artifical extra 100-180MB of RAM showing. False security. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Yea, Darkstar. I hear ya. NCSettings has been through a couple bumps and I think, "3"?, updates since the jailbreak? Plus, you can't really do a real test without being completely restored. When you uninstall a tweak it does NOT uninstall its dependency files nor its data files per se. Now Auxo, I don't think, has any dependency files like Winterboard has several like "libhide", etc. But something in the preference files of other tweaks could still have been there causing Auxo's crashes. At other forums I visit some people are running perfectly clean with Auxo. That proves it's not 100% Auxo's fault. The problem, of course, is that these developers test "in a bubble" just running a jailbreak and their own tweak. :(. Silly way to work. But they can't test for every contingency.

I've been surprised how I've been able to live without SBSettings too. To its credit it takes 3 - 4 tweaks to replace all its functionality. But not impossible. And now since Springtomize's recent update - we can have RAM readout in our status bar again (without SBSettings too). YEEEEES!!!!!!!! Though I'm frustrated both Springtomize and SBSettings add in 'Wired RAM' as 'usable'. It is not. The only true RAM availability is Free + Inactive. Wired and Active we have no real access to. The one RAM reading tweak out there that shows true availability is ncRam (lower case "nc" - there's one called NCRam too - which shows FREE+INACTIVE +WIRED). So if you want to see your real RAM availability get ncRam and set it to show in your Notification Center at the top. WiredRAM added in (which is what you get with SBSettings, NCRam and Springtomize2) gives you an artifical extra 100-180MB of RAM showing. False security. LOL!!!

Thanks for the heads up on that tweak. :)
I will admit, I didn't go through the hassle of restoring and re-jail breaking to get to the bottom of Auxo's crashes. Just seems like too much of a hassle. ;) lol.
I'll try it again once it's ready for prime time as you've said. Til then, I'll use the stock app switcher. :)

Thanks for the heads up on that tweak. :)
I will admit, I didn't go through the hassle of restoring and re-jail breaking to get to the bottom of Auxo's crashes. Just seems like too much of a hassle. ;) lol.
I'll try it again once it's ready for prime time as you've said. Til then, I'll use the stock app switcher. :)
Yeah. I'm with you! Auxo is very COOL! But it needs even more fixing.

I have ios 6.1 and very few tweaks installed (NC Settings, SBSettings, and other ones that are app specific like Sparrow+ and Safari Omnibar).

Latest evasi0n, latest Auxo updates installed. I've deleted Auxo, reinstalled Auxo, gone through all the troubleshooting processes of that kind.

I still get crashes and booted to Safe Mode, and it happens multiple times a day, but I've paid attention and it happens fairly often at specific times.

If I'm playing some kind of music app, then double press Home to bring up the app switcher that's when it happens. Since music apps are some that can continue to "multitask" in the background (unlike say, Notes or the App Store or any other app that simply goes into a pause state), my suspicions are that the crashes are related to that background process. It has happened occasionally with other apps, I think, but it definitely and absolutely happens if I'm listening to Pandora or Instacast.

Has anyone else noticed what apps are running when you get Auxo crashes?

My 4S crashes the same way as you. It may be related to Activator? I have Auxo set to "slide to the right from status bar".

Well, the day I posted my message, I deleted Auxo and left it off and changed NOTHING else in my phone's configuration. I have had zero crashes since then, and I use my app switcher a lot during the day. I hated to do it since Auxo's pretty slick, but when I was closing out of an app, then flicking through my screens to find its icon to open it up, then the whole purpose of a multitasking bar is lost.

I set Cydia to let me know when Auxo is updated and I'll try again then, but for me a fancy, pretty app switcher is far less important than having to boot out of safe mode 10~ times a day. The day Springtomize lets me put the date in my statusbar, I can ditch SBSettings, as NCSettings has all the features I want otherwise. I hate badging an app with the date and ditched Calendar for Fantastical, so if you know a tweak for statusbar date that doesn't conflict with SBSettings then I'm all ears.

The day Springtomize lets me put the date in my statusbar, I can ditch SBSettings, as NCSettings has all the features I want otherwise. I hate badging an app with the date and ditched Calendar for Fantastical, so if you know a tweak for statusbar date that doesn't conflict with SBSettings then I'm all ears.
Springtomize has had this ability since iPhone 3G, sir! Just go into Status Bar and enable Custom Time String and choose date. Simple! Now you can't have time + date if that's what you meant.

Springtomize has had this ability since iPhone 3G, sir! Just go into Status Bar and enable Custom Time String and choose date. Simple! Now you can't have time + date if that's what you meant.

...I'm totally fussy! I prefer just the month/day option that SBSettings gives me. I know Springtomize will put the date up top, but then the year is in the date and the extra 5 characters for /2013 takes up a LOT of status bar real estate. (I realize too that I wasn't quite clear last time about this preference.)

SBSettings lets me put up month/day which is all I need. I know what year it is without looking :)

If you know a way to get it to be just a month/day version out of Springtomize then I'll be in your debt.

Sorry for resurrecting a (not really all that) old thread, but it seems appropriate. Even after the latest update I'm having issues, but I'm nearly convinced I've tracked down the culprit. My major jailbreak apps are as follows:
  • Activator
  • Auxo
  • biteSMS
  • BytaFont (one custom font for whole system)
  • Cascade
  • Infinidock
  • Infinifolders
  • SBSettings
  • [Several others not involved in this issue]
I've assigned a "status bar swipe right" action to Activate Switcher through Activator. This action works for the default switcher as well as Auxo. I can reproduce the crash to Safe Mode consistently by opening Music, Pandora, or Spotify and playing music for any length of time. While in the music app, I swipe right to activate the switcher and the iPhone crashes and resprings into Safe Mode. No matter how many times I exit Safe Mode and respring, I can reproduce the error.

Removing Auxo resolves the crash, every single time. However, that makes me unhappy because (a) I bought Auxo and (b) I love it. That being the case, I started looking for alternatives. I uninstalled all jailbreak apps that didn't pertain to my core desired functionality. My app list ended up being as follows:
  • Activator
  • Auxo
  • biteSMS
  • Cascade
  • Infinidock
  • Infinifolders
  • SBSettings
I went for days in this configuration without a single crash. Notice that BytaFont is missing from the app list. I began to reinstall apps I had removed, testing the issue as I went. I was able to operate normally up to the point I reinstalled BytaFont and changed my system font. With BytaFont I was again able to reproduce the issue consistently, pertaining to music applications. I reset my system font and uninstalled BytaFont and haven't noticed the crash since. It would seem that - at least on my phone - BytaFont and Auxo don't play well together.

Anybody else have this experience? This sucks, because I'd really like to have my favorite system font back.

Last edited:
Thanks, willerz. Just a second ago my phone crashed to Safe Mode while playing in Spotify. I really thought I had it nailed down but now I'm back to square one. If it's going to crash anyway, I may as well put BytaFont back on. At least I can crash in style. ;)

Sorry for resurrecting a (not really all that) old thread, but it seems appropriate. Even after the latest update I'm having issues, but I'm nearly convinced I've tracked down the culprit. My major jailbreak apps are as follows:
  • Activator
  • Auxo
  • biteSMS
  • BytaFont (one custom font for whole system)
  • Cascade
  • Infinidock
  • Infinifolders
  • SBSettings
  • [Several others not involved in this issue]
I've assigned a "status bar swipe right" action to Activate Switcher through Activator. This action works for the default switcher as well as Auxo. I can reproduce the crash to Safe Mode consistently by opening Music, Pandora, or Spotify and playing music for any length of time. While in the music app, I swipe right to activate the switcher and the iPhone crashes and resprings into Safe Mode. No matter how many times I exit Safe Mode and respring, I can reproduce the error.

Removing Auxo resolves the crash, every single time. However, that makes me unhappy because (a) I bought Auxo and (b) I love it. That being the case, I started looking for alternatives. I uninstalled all jailbreak apps that didn't pertain to my core desired functionality. My app list ended up being as follows:
  • Activator
  • Auxo
  • biteSMS
  • Cascade
  • Infinidock
  • Infinifolders
  • SBSettings
I went for days in this configuration without a single crash. Notice that BytaFont is missing from the app list. I began to reinstall apps I had removed, testing the issue as I went. I was able to operate normally up to the point I reinstalled BytaFont and changed my system font. With BytaFont I was again able to reproduce the issue consistently, pertaining to music applications. I reset my system font and uninstalled BytaFont and haven't noticed the crash since. It would seem that - at least on my phone - BytaFont and Auxo don't play well together.

Anybody else have this experience? This sucks, because I'd really like to have my favorite system font back.

You have 2 main tweaks that are kinda sketchy as far as getting them to work without causing issues and those are sbsettings and Auxo. If you remove those you'll be good to go. I know they are on the compatible list but its all over Internet about their problems. A good alternative to sbsettings is NCSettings, that's what I use and love it. Auxo serves no purpose except to look cool IMO, so I'd take reliability over cosmetics any day.

Auxo serves no purpose except to look cool IMO, so I'd take reliability over cosmetics any day.
I can understand why you'd say that, but it doesn't just give me thumbnails of my apps. It also adds the toggles that I used to use with SBSettings for quick access to system settings without the hassle of opening the Settings app. I actually uninstalled SBSettings. It also gives me quick access to the music player and volume controls and I really like how they work (until the phone crashes).

I also would like reliability more than prettiness and am considering whether or not I want to continue using Auxo but my having purchased it is weighing heavily in the decision.

You get iPod controls with the stock task manager. Also yes you would have to add NCSettings to get the system toggles in the pull down for the system toggles/controls. Just a suggestion as its a more reliable option that does the same as sbsettings and Auxo. I can't stand crashes, for me no matter how much I like something, if it crashes its gone. Lol

You get iPod controls with the stock task manager. Also yes you would have to add NCSettings to get the system toggles in the pull down for the system toggles/controls. Just a suggestion as its a more reliable option that does the same as sbsettings and Auxo. I can't stand crashes, for me no matter how much I like something, if it crashes its gone. Lol

I have to agree with this. I really liked this tweak and wanted it to work, plus I paid $1.99 for it, but I can't stand crashes on my primary phone. I need reliability over cosmetics. I really wanted the tweak to work. I started using NCSettings. It's really nice itself. Comes with more toggles anyways. I've come to enjoy using it.