What's new

Auxo crashing springboard

Bula, you da funny one! :)

After 5 hours - looks as if the issues with Auxo are gone. Hurray!

My heart is now mended. :D

Marilyn

I updated to most recent Auxo and just had springboard crash and restart to safe mode when trying to pull up Auxo... I just emailed them about it. Anyone else have crashes since the latest update?

Getting it occasionally, not all the time though. It's not even regularly, it's about once a day or once every other day when I get a call only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I have ios 6.1 and very few tweaks installed (NC Settings, SBSettings, and other ones that are app specific like Sparrow+ and Safari Omnibar).

Latest evasi0n, latest Auxo updates installed. I've deleted Auxo, reinstalled Auxo, gone through all the troubleshooting processes of that kind.

I still get crashes and booted to Safe Mode, and it happens multiple times a day, but I've paid attention and it happens fairly often at specific times.

If I'm playing some kind of music app, then double press Home to bring up the app switcher that's when it happens. Since music apps are some that can continue to "multitask" in the background (unlike say, Notes or the App Store or any other app that simply goes into a pause state), my suspicions are that the crashes are related to that background process. It has happened occasionally with other apps, I think, but it definitely and absolutely happens if I'm listening to Pandora or Instacast.

Has anyone else noticed what apps are running when you get Auxo crashes?

I have ios 6.1 and very few tweaks installed (NC Settings, SBSettings, and other ones that are app specific like Sparrow+ and Safari Omnibar).

Latest evasi0n, latest Auxo updates installed. I've deleted Auxo, reinstalled Auxo, gone through all the troubleshooting processes of that kind.

I still get crashes and booted to Safe Mode, and it happens multiple times a day, but I've paid attention and it happens fairly often at specific times.

If I'm playing some kind of music app, then double press Home to bring up the app switcher that's when it happens. Since music apps are some that can continue to "multitask" in the background (unlike say, Notes or the App Store or any other app that simply goes into a pause state), my suspicions are that the crashes are related to that background process. It has happened occasionally with other apps, I think, but it definitely and absolutely happens if I'm listening to Pandora or Instacast.

Has anyone else noticed what apps are running when you get Auxo crashes?

Auxo crashes are unpredictable on my device. It typically happens when I'm using the app switcher a lot. I hated to do it, but I've had to uninstall this app.

Auxo crashes are unpredictable on my device. It typically happens when I'm using the app switcher a lot. I hated to do it, but I've had to uninstall this app.
It's also has a Ram leak too; which matters more for the older phones than the 5. This app was a great idea, just not quite ready for prime time. I too have the random crashing. But I know others with not a single crash. It has something to do with not playing nicely with another app on our phones - for those of us having the issue. I haven't been able to track the conflict app down though. Bummer - great app. But unusable for me too.

It's also has a Ram leak too; which matters more for the older phones than the 5. This app was a great idea, just not quite ready for prime time. I too have the random crashing. But I know others with not a single crash. It has something to do with not playing nicely with another app on our phones - for those of us having the issue. I haven't been able to track the conflict app down though. Bummer - great app. But unusable for me too.

Now that you mention it, I'm starting to see it. If I start using Auxo for something, it just cuts down my RAM from the 200s to <50 on my 4S, and cuts me down about 300-400MB on my 5.

Now that you mention it, I'm starting to see it. If I start using Auxo for something, it just cuts down my RAM from the 200s to <50 on my 4S, and cuts me down about 300-400MB on my 5.

I've seen these cuts as well. :/

My iPhone 4 will completely deplete itself of ram and crash.
I sold my iPhone 5 before the jailbreak was released, so I haven't a clue how this affects the iPhone 5 (from personal experience at least).

If you do a true RAM availability test - you'll discover it's only about a 50MB leak. But it gets wider as you add more apps. SBSettings' RAM leak is way worse - which is why I've left it behind for ncRAM, NCSettings and SBCenter instead - until they fix that one too. RAM leaks also often show other "coding" issues underneath.

Last edited:
I've seen these cuts as well. :/

My iPhone 4 will completely deplete itself of ram and crash.
I sold my iPhone 5 before the jailbreak was released, so I haven't a clue how this affects the iPhone 5 (from personal experience at least).
Yeah. I love the people who always try to tell you that Apple's implementation of MultiTasking since 4S works such that RAM issues are a thing of the past. Well - Multitasking does help - but it doesn't make RAM running low a non-issue. Though I've never had my phone turn off for lack of RAM (Apple specs will tell you this is actually impossible - but we're running jailbroken), I have had my phone run so slowly as to be non-useful. This was 4 and 4S days (500MB RAM) days.

For what it's worth - Auxo itself is not a crashing tweak. Last time I restored I ran Auxo for 24 hours with only Winterboard present. Nothing else. I used a lot in that period and no crashing of any kind. So it's definitely a clash with some other tweak. But all the tweaks I run - I need. And I "don't need" Auxo. So the decision was easy for me.