What's new

Auxiliary flash drive.

Russtopher

Reaction score
Hello

What's the scoop on those little flash drives that plug directly into the phone? Where do you obtain them? Can I back-up my images to I Tunes?

Thanks

IMG_6811.JPG

You get these flash drives on amazon, e.g. They are more expensive than the ones you can use on other devices.
I'm using one with an app that has to be installed on my iDevice. You can save images and files to that drive.

iTunes will backup the images on your iPhone, except if they are somehow saved to iCloud (iCloud Photo Library or PhotoStream).

You get these flash drives on amazon, e.g. They are more expensive than the ones you can use on other devices.
I'm using one with an app that has to be installed on my iDevice. You can save images and files to that drive.

iTunes will backup the images on your iPhone, except if they are somehow saved to iCloud (iCloud Photo Library or PhotoStream).

JA

I know that my images are automatically backed up to I Cloud. But the last time I deleted a load of images from my phone, it also deleted them from my I Cloud. Did I do it incorrectly?

Thanks

No, you didn't do anything wrong. iCloud isn't meant to store your images, it syncs them between all the devices that are connected to the account. When you remove an image from one device, it'll also be removed from the other devices.

If you use iCloud for your images, the photos will not be included in an iTunes backup.

To store your images, import them to your computer, save them to one of these flash drives for iDevices, or sync them to online storage, such as Google Photos, OneDrive, Dropbox, .... If you have a Flickr account, save them there.