What's new

IPod Touch Won't Download Apps

Ever since the updates my Ipod has been acting up. Won't open apps, runs sluggish & I need to reset it at least 3 times a day for it to work!

Which one do you have? My old touch 5 is sluggish as hell. My settings say I have iOS 9.3.5 and “software is up to date”. Yet my newer touch 6 has a more recent iOS on it. I hate having to change all my old settings back when I reset mine. Did you try turning off VPN?

I have the Ipod touch 6th generation I believe. It’s about 2 years old. The weird thing also is, my iPod gets updates way before my iPhone does. I now have to plug my iPhone into iTunes to get updates. I never had to do that before. My phone is running fine after the updates, just iPod I’m having trouble with. Weird.

I would have thought the simplest solution would have been to increase your iCloud storage plan. 50Gb is only $1.99/month and $4.50 will get you 200Gb. You can always change back to a cheaper plan but sooner or later you will need a device to store your library. If not a computer then cloud storage us your only option.

I would have thought the simplest solution would have been to increase your iCloud storage plan. 50Gb is only $1.99/month and $4.50 will get you 200Gb. You can always change back to a cheaper plan but sooner or later you will need a device to store your library. If not a computer then cloud storage us your only option.
You can't use iCloud storage for apps as the apps have to be on the device itself in order to work.

I guess it would. But I just preferred not shelling out any money.

With the new IOS, (iOS 11), you can offload apps. You aren’t deleting them, but rather moving them to the iCloud for future use. If the app is needed again, it can be quickly loaded and then used. The icon stays on the screen as well. Cool new feature. It only costs me $2.99 a month for 200gb of iCloud storage. So the prices have come down on the iCloud storage plans. I’m sure they have some lower plans for less money. Not a bad deal for a lot of storage. But that is just my take. I never have to worry about losing anything on my phone. It’s gets backed up about daily. Anyhow. You can also try some of the free storage from places like Google and such. Good luck with whatever you decide.

BD7F565D-2DB4-41E8-8B11-658316740E99.png
Until I turned off VPN, I couldn’t even update to the latest iOS. I downloaded some Google Photos app, but I’m not sure how well it works. I don’t know how to tell if it backed up all the pictures or how to access them.

Hi, It would take too long to explain all about Google Photos. You can find out more on it there site.
I use it to store my photos, and it basically is so easy to use even for an idiot like me. From memory 15GB is free.
IMG_2843.JPG

I just opened the app the assistant told me that these photos have been backed up and l can delete them safely.
How easy is that. There are lots of QandA parts if you want them.

I am using an iPad Air 2 if that makes any difference

The app I have doesn’t look very user friendly from what I have seen. I guess if I go to the website it’s easier to understand how it works? I opened the app earlier and saw “700 photos backing up”. Then later saw “6500 photos backing up” or something. So I’m confused why I suddenly have way more photos to back up when I only had a few earlier. I downloaded it a week ago, so I would hope/think all should be backed up by now. And I really hope they are backed up in the same order I have them saved to my camera roll. I guess I’m an idiot that doesn’t understand how it works yet.

I have I usb flash drive that plugs in to my iPhone that does the job for me also we have a N.A.S drive might be worth looking in to as I use that too

I have I usb flash drive that plugs in to my iPhone that does the job for me also we have a N.A.S drive might be worth looking in to as I use that too

How much do these items cost?

From what I just saw it appear they run about $25 and up. Plugs right into bottom of phone. Pretty neat!!