Aux hands free.....HELP!!

Aux hands free.....HELP!!

6moe66

Reaction score
Hey folks,

New to the forum and new to the phenomenon which is Apple. So far so good i have to say!!!

Thought i'd put the shout out and see if anyone on here has tried to get their Iphone 4 working like a hands free through the cars aux.

Problem is...... I've just upgraded from a Nokia N96 to a shiny new Iphone 4 and the beauty of the Nokia was that it came with a controller which plugged into the top of the phone with two separate 3.5mmconnections - one from the phone to the controls(play, forward, etc...) and the other from the controls to headphones which i ran to the aux in car via a standard male to male 3.5mm cable. It also had a microphone which allowed me to speak and use the aux hands free.

So, I want to do the same thing with my Iphone but i'm new to the Apple kit and know they have a reputation for changing compatibilities on their new stuff, just so you have to buy the corresponding equipment. I've found this below and thought it would be worth a shot, dont know if it is compatible with the 4 tho??

Sorry but i've not enough posts to post links yet. Here's the cable i was thinking:
Monster iSoniTalk

Has anyone done something similar with an older Iphone and does anyone know of compatibility issues with microphones/stereo out of the Iphone?

Any other aux hands free options that will allow me to listen to me tunes while being able to take calls? Or even a decent 'wired' kit for a 2008 Volvo S40??

Cheers in advance,

6Moe66

My I phone was easy to set up with the Microsoft Sync in my car with respect to hands free phone but haven't tried music yet so no help there.

Latest posts

Back