What's new

AT&T U-verse Mobile App Launches Today

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
atandtu-verse.jpg

AT&T has today launched its AT&T U-verse Mobile App, which gives U-verse subscribers the ability to download and watch TV content on their iPhones, making AT&T the first provider to offer an integrated mobile app that enables you to both manage your DVR and download and watch select shows. U-verse Mobile replaces the Mobile Remote Access for iPhone app, and incorporates the ability to browse the U-verse TV program guide, view program descriptions, and schedule and manage DVR recordings. It also adds the ability to download available episodes over any Wi-Fi connection, and then watch them in full-screen mode on your iPhone.

"We're making it possible for you to watch TV shows on your iPhone at no extra charge. It's just one more valuable and innovative feature available on U-verse TV. Our U-verse multi-screen promise is now a reality for millions of U-verse TV customers, with content available on U-verse TV, U-verse Online, and today, U-verse Mobile. No cable provider comes close to matching the cross-platform experience we're delivering today, and we'll continue to add unique features that further integrate these screens."

David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets

All U-verse TV customers can now download the app to manage their DVR, and the ability to download and watch content is available for customers that subscribe to the U300 package or higher. The U-verse Mobile App, which is available for free from the Apple iTunes App Store, includes TV shows from several popular networks. AT&T says that it will continue to add more content on a regular basis.

Source: AT&T

Works like a champ!

Won't work on the iPad yet though.

“AT&T the first provider to offer an integrated mobile app that enables you to both manage your DVR and download and watch select shows.” Last year DISH Network was the first provider to offer a mobile app that enables subscribers to manage their DVR’s and watch their TV programming as it airs LIVE. I’m definitely glad that I switched to DISH when I started working for them; it feels good to be part of the first to accomplish innovative technology.