What's new

Assistance with restoring my iPhone

xdaddyxspudx

Reaction score
OK strangled things started happening with my iPhone it would keep goin really sluggish and start freezing then it would reboot then keep rebooting n sticking on iPhone icon then would finally reboot did this around 5 time in like a hour took to the phone shop as was close. Buy they told me to do a restore on my PC in recovery mode which I did

But once the restore finishes it just hangs on iPhone icon n do sent do any think left it for a hour n still no think so I did the process again 7 time actually n still. Same problem on last time it asked to do a custom or stock restore I clicked stock n then it started m just froze yet again left for 15 ,mins no think happened so I up plugged n tried turning on but no think happened stuck on iPhone logo

I. Really not sure what to do apple won't replace n they won't 200 for repair n my contract company telling me they won't fix it has to be apple

So I'm now stuck with a iPhone 4 paper weight

My device is not jail broken

The pc / laptop dose recognise the device I wondering if any one can help at all

Thanks spud

Which device are we talking about in particular. 3GS, 4, 4S, 5. What iOS is currently on it. Are you using an interposer as a source of unlock? If you've never heard of the word interposer or Gevey before this, then just ignore it.

I've no idea its my wife device n not heard of any of that sorry I'm android but I won't be beaten buy a device that won't start there's allways a way n its a iPhone 4 not sure software but she updated a few months ago

Alright. Well I'm assuming there's nothing advanced going on with the device and I sure hope that there was a backup for the iPhone before this happened otherwise everything has to be manually entered in again in terms of contacts. One last question before we begin, what type of iPhone 4 is it. GSM or CDMA. You can check by seeing if there's a SIM slot on the right side of the device.

Alright. Well I'm assuming there's nothing advanced going on with the device and I sure hope that there was a backup for the iPhone before this happened otherwise everything has to be manually entered in again in terms of contacts. One last question before we begin, what type of iPhone 4 is it. GSM or CDMA. You can check by seeing if there's a SIM slot on the right side of the device.

Yh there's a backup up bit very old erm the sim slot is on the right hand side

Okay. So that means we have an iPhone 4 GSM. So lets get started. First I'll need you to put the device into DFU mode. Take a quick second to read up about it in this sticky

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

While you're reading, download this before hand as it may take a bit of time to do so.

http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6.1/091-0682.20130128.mefc4/iPhone3,1_6.1_10B144_Restore.ipsw

Once your device is in DFU mode as stated in the first sticky, and you've downloaded the IPSW file above, we're ready to go. Since your device is in DFU mode, that means it's already plugged in to your computer, and iTunes is probably open. If not, open up iTunes. Go to your iPhone's profile (should be on the left hand taskbar). Then hold shift, and click on Restore. Then point iTunes to the file that you downloaded above. Let it restore.

OK thank u buddy I'll put the device in yo dfu mode and the iOS file I'll download but I have slow connection may take some time

Jesus 900mb Jesus guna take all night lol 40/50 mins

I'm guessing once I have in dfu mode shift n click restore located downloaded file and then allow iTunes to do the restore then once restored what's the process after this as every other time done a restore I've been in same problem doesn't load

But I did previews restore in recovery not dfu mode

Last edited:
Try it in DFU. DFU is basically a "fool-proof" way of restoring an iOS for 9 out of 10 problems,

Try it in DFU. DFU is basically a "fool-proof" way of restoring an iOS for 9 out of 10 problems,

If I dont have a backup dose this matter as my back up on PC not my laptop n I'm doin it all on me laptop

Once hopefully it does a restore what do I do then just turn on ????

You can restore it with any computer really. Once the restore is done, you'll have the option to set up the phone as a new phone or to restore a backup that was previously made on the computer. Once it's done restore, it should be working once again like normal without the sluggishness.

You can restore it with any computer really. Once the restore is done, you'll have the option to set up the phone as a new phone or to restore a backup that was previously made on the computer. Once it's done restore, it should be working once again like normal without the sluggishness.

I got to that point before and when I clicked restore it just went back to apple icon and froze and didn't do owt was this due to apple n there server downloading the restore ipsw with it being on PC the connection always there

Hi well just done it again and after it restored it rebooted and now its froze and not doing any think

Froze at which point.

its does a restart then comes on ituens saying its done then phone starts again but frezzing on the apple logo

I'm trying again its defently in dfu mode

Last edited:
its does a restart then comes on ituens saying its done then phone starts again but frezzing on the apple logo

I'm trying again its defently in dfu mode

It show on the screen a green bar but its not moving looks like stuck not sure just guns leave for a while