What's new

Arrow symbol still on..

bidbuu

Reaction score
hey guys

Could you please help me understand why the arrow is still on my iPhone 7plus even after turning of location services
Uploaded a pic please let me know

Thanks

Attachments

• 735924EC-F960-451A-896E-8A37DE267AA3.jpeg
    735924EC-F960-451A-896E-8A37DE267AA3.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 707
It shows as off in your screenshot. Why do you think it's still turned on?

Maybe because of the black arrow in the status bar.

Did you restart your device after turning it off?
You can try resetting location and privacy in Settings - General - Reset, and then make sure it’s enabled.

Read this it may help.

You may choose to disable Location Services at any time. To do so, open Settings on your iPhone, tap Privacy, tap Location Services, and either turn off the global Location Services switch or turn off the individual location switch of each location-aware app or feature by setting it to “Never”. To disable Location Services for all websites, set the Location Services setting for Safari to “Never”. You may also disable location-based system services by tapping on System Services and turning off the switch for each location-based system service. You may choose to disable Location Services for your HomePod at any time in the HomePod settings in the Home App on your paired iOS device.

A black or grey colored arrow means that location services has used been used in the last 24hrs. A purple colored arrow means it has been used recently. And a hollow arrow means it can use your location under certain conditions. Whatever that means. Probably only when you are using the app. A black arrow is what is being called a “gray” arrow under location services. Means it has been used in the last 24hrs. Hope this helps.

Maybe because of the black arrow in the status bar.

Did you restart your device after turning it off?
You can try resetting location and privacy in Settings - General - Reset, and then make sure it’s enabled.
Thanks mod, you are awesome your suggestion did worked out. Just restarted device and it did not appear