What's new

Are These the New iPhone 7 EarPods With Lightning Adaptor?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumoured iPhone 7 EarPods with Lightning Adaptor Leak.JPG

MacRumors reports today on images that have been uploaded to Chinese microblogging website Weibo that are claimed to be of iPhone 7 EarPods, complete with Lightning adaptor. However, MacRumors seems to think that the EarPods shown in the picture are more likely to be fake rather than actual genuine iPhone 7 EarPods, pointing out that the Lightning plug does look a lot wider than the adaptors that are currently packaged with iPhone 6s, 6s Plus and Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock.

Even if they are fake, they give a good indication of what the Lightning headphone adaptors will look like when the next iPhone is finally unveiled this coming fall.

And if the pictured EarPods actually turn out to be genuine, then its confirmation that Apple will indeed be removing the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone, as has been very strongly rumoured. It’s thought that Apple is removing the headphone jack in order to make the iPhone up to 1mm thinner than the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

Source: Sketchy Photos Show Off Lightning-Enabled EarPods for iPhone 7

It this rumour is true, Apple is going to have to offer a splitter to allow charging or syncing the iPhone while using the headphones at the same time.

The more and more I think about it, I will be holding onto my 6s Plus for another year.
If the rumors hold up and all these little changes are true....I will be waiting patiently on the 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk