What's new

Apps on multitasking bar

Jdsmitty10

Reaction score
Do the apps on the multitasking bar use data?
Do they cause your battery to die quicker?

Or are these apps just paused when on the multitasking bar?

I just discovered this bar after FINALLY reading the manual. EVERY APP I ever used was on that bar.

They are just paused in the background. Only apps like iPod which are currently playing or active will be drawing any current from the battery. If they are not active, then no current is drawn. I personally find that info on the bar to be useless and annoying. Especially the iPod app appearing, as it is already on the bar to begin with.

They are just paused in the background. Only apps like iPod which are currently playing or active will be drawing any current from the battery. If they are not active, then no current is drawn. I personally find that info on the bar to be useless and annoying. Especially the iPod app appearing, as it is already on the bar to begin with.

I find it annoying since it keeps EVERY app you used on it..there should be a limit to the last 4 you used or something...

I have been using iOS4.2 since the betas came out on my iPad and I have just learned to go in periodically and delete the apps running in the multi-tasking bar. At first it was a pain, but it quickly became a routine to close out apps when I was done with them. Except for things like streaming audio, I never saw any real advantage to this.

I find it annoying since it keeps EVERY app you used on it..there should be a limit to the last 4 you used or something...

I agree. as much of a great feature i think it is, i do find myself hardly ever using it, maybe there should be a setting where you can change how many apps could be kept running in the background and any one point ?!