What's new

Apps move out of folders on updates

emelpenni

Reaction score
Hello - I have searched this a few different ways so thought I would start a new thread. I have the iphone 3gs (patiently waiting for the 5!!!!)The last two updates to apps i have performed from my phone, once the app is updated the app moved from the folder it was placed in. Is this a new feature with the update? I hadnt been on the app store from my phone in a while and had 17 apps to update. Well after they were all updated they were all over the phone. I guess i wont wait that long between going to the app store, but it was annoying to have to put them all back. Would love to know if this is happening to anyone else and if it can be fixed....Thanks

No this is not a new feature... the apps should be staying put. what firmware are you on?

It is 05.16.02, I found this in settings listed as modem firmware, is that correct?

Version is 4.3.5 (8L1). This was found in settings

bab2010 said:
Yeah I don't think that it's a feature, surely a bug which came in that version of the iOS.

This bug was discovered in iOS 4.0, but I'm sure Apple fixed it way before 4.3.5! My apps hop out of their folders sometimes. It always happens after I download a new app or update an app. I just respring and it puts everything back in place. Before I jailbroke I would just move the apps back in place. If I updated a bunch of apps I would simply do a hard reset and all of my apps would be back in their folders. Its irritating, but it's not too big of a deal to me. :)