What's new

Apps Greyd out on PC

AussieRosco

Reaction score
Hi All

Well I've tried everything I can think of but its still the same.

I connect my iPhone 4 to my PC and bring up iTunes when I click on my phone and then apps. the apps section is all greyed out.

I've asked before, but is there anyone who know what else I might try

Thanks

Eric

Hi All

I connect my iPhone 4 to my PC and bring up iTunes when I click on my phone and then apps. the apps section is all greyed out.

Thanks

Eric

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the problem. Is your iPhone OK? Are all the apps working correctly and the rest of the device well?
If your problem is strictly in the iTunes area, then feel comforted that many of us have the same problem. Navigating iTunes and understanding WTF "SYNCH" really means is a common challenge.

In my situation, I perform a "backup" to our devices quite often, and I disregard any "apps" status in iTunes, because I can always get my apps back from the App Store. It's the Contacts, photos, music files, email configurations that you should worry about!

Bottom line: if your apps on the iPhone are all there, disregard whatever iTunes shows and know that you can always get your apps back.

Hi All

Thanks

Eric

do have sync apps checked?

Hi All

Thanks

Eric

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the problem. Is your iPhone OK? Are all the apps working correctly and the rest of the device well?
If your problem is strictly in the iTunes area, then feel comforted that many of us have the same problem. Navigating iTunes and understanding WTF "SYNCH" really means is a common challenge.

In my situation, I perform a "backup" to our devices quite often, and I disregard any "apps" status in iTunes, because I can always get my apps back from the App Store. It's the Contacts, photos, music files, email configurations that you should worry about!

Bottom line: if your apps on the iPhone are all there, disregard whatever iTunes shows and know that you can always get your apps back.

I guess you are right. Everything else works fine. Its just my compulsive obsessive that everything should work OK.

Thanks anyway. I'll just live with it

I hear you, Aussie.... "Just live with it" is sometimes the best solution. Just remember that apps are always available to you to dowwnload later, and purchased apps will always be aailable to you, if lost, for free, since you've already purchased them for your account. It's sad that iTunes has to screw with us this way, but until Apple gets its act together, iTunes will continue to depress many of us.