What's new

Iphone 4 nor Ipad 2 is recognised by Windows nr iTunes

PeterRask

Reaction score
From a week my iPhone stopped responding to my PC. When I plug the cable in.. nothing. Not loading, not even a sound. PC has same reaction - no iTunes and no mass storage device.. And its not listed in the Portable devices. I've reinstalled iTunes, Apple Mobile Driver and EVERYTHING ELSE I found. I've readen ALOT in google for 4 days and still can't fix my problem. The funny thing is that it works on any other PC, but not on mine. On other PC's it connects, charges, syncs fine (with the same cable). I've tried another cable - still nothing.
I even reinstalled Windows only to be Stock in the same situation. All my drivers are fully updated.. I've tried everything and nothing worked.
Please help

Manually remove the driver and reboot. I would also assume you're on iTunes 11. See if you can get a copy of iTunes 10.7 and try it again.

willerz2 said:
Manually remove the driver and reboot. I would also assume you're on iTunes 11. See if you can get a copy of iTunes 10.7 and try it again.

So i souls remove Apple Mobile device and install iTunes 10.7 is that correcte?

First keep your iPhone plugged in. Remove the driver through device manager or since it's not recognized, see if anything there relates to Apple or your iDevices. Then remove iTunes and all of it's subsequent files. Even if you delete it using Add&Remove Programs, you'll still have stray files that needs to be deleted in Program Files and such. Delete them all. Unplug your iPhone, restart your computer, download and install iTunes 10.7. Plug your iPhone in again after it's done and see if it recognizes it.