What's new

Apple’s New Siri Speaker Could Launch at WWDC

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple to launch new Siri Speaker at WWDC on Monday June 5.JPG

9to5 Mac reports that according to Bloomberg, Apple has already started manufacturing its Siri Speaker, ready for its launch at WWDC on Monday, June 5.

Bloomberg’s sources say that Apple’s smart speaker will introduce “virtual surround sound technology” and integration with Apple products to the smart speaker lineup.

Apple has been testing prototypes of its new speaker since last year, and Inventec,the same manufacturer who made Apple’s AirPods, will be manufacturing the Siri speaker.

Bloomberg’s sources say that Apple believes that the quality of the audio technology used in the speaker gives it the edge over rivals such as Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home. The sources also say that the speakers are louder and “reproduce sound more crisply” than the likes of Amazon’s Echo and other smart speaker rivals. Apple has apparently also thought about measuring room acoustics to determine the correct sound levels for each room.

Apple intends the Siri smart speaker to integrate smoothly with other Apple services for the home such as HomeKit and Apple Music, also giving it the edge over its rivals.

Source: Apple begins manufacturing Siri Speaker, could see WWDC 2017 debut

Fingers crossed. I'd LOVE to see Apple release something like this!

Honestly Siri is the dumbest AI out right now. Before they launch a stand alone device, Apple better make Siri smarter. Ask Siri most any question, she sends you to a webpage, not what I'm looking for.

Even simple questions like "what is gold trading for right now" and she sends me to a webpage. Not exactly what I'm looking for in an AI device. Just tell me the price!