What's new

Apple TV question...

XDRoX

Reaction score
I know this probably belongs in the iPad forum but I never seem to get answers over there. So here goes. Hopefully someone will know the answer.

Here's the situation. I'm going on vacation and want to hook up my appleTv in our motor home. It requires a wifi source. I can't create a hotspot with my iPhone because I just updated to ios7 and lost my jailbreak.

Will this work?
Order one month of data on my iPad 3 from Verizon
Turn iPad 3 into a hotspot and connect my iPhone and my appleTv to it
Stream movies from my iPhone to the appleTv using my unlimited data plan

Does all that sound like it will work as I plan? Thanks.

It would work, but would most likely be extremely slow if it's not consistent LTE speeds depending on the area. But ultimately it would work, just make sure that your iPad is plugged in since it's long term but I'd personally still recommend that someone be at the place or check up on your place just in case since your iPad will probably feel like a fireball after a while of hotspotting

Thanks for the reply but I just realized it won't work exactly like I want it to. Everything will work except I won't be able to use my iPhones unlimited data plan because in order to connect to the appleTv I will need to have my iPhone on wifi therefore won't be able to use its LTE. I believe it will be using the iPad's data plan which won't be enough.

Thanks anyway.

That's what I was thinking. I was going to suggest you call Verizon and ask if you have unlimited on your iPad, because I doubt they would give it to you at this point. If you thought you were going to be enabling your ipad 3G quite a bit, I wonder if you would come out ahead with their new "share everything" plan???

Ya I don't have unlimited on my iPad. Just my iPhone 5.