What's new

iPhone 4 (16gb) Personal Hot Spot (unlimited data plan)

Techie_Mom

Reaction score
We are still on our Unlimited Data plan with Verizon, we have not decided to renew our contract and go with the Share Everything plan. But we needed internet so I've turned on my Person Hotspot at the cost of an additional $20 a month for 2gb of data (at least for this month anyway).

The minute I activate the Hotspot, my iphone tells me that there are TWO (2) devices attached. I only have my iphone & my Laptop. No idea where the iPod is currently, hubby thinks he left it in the car (in the garage).

What is up with the 2 devices?? Is that my laptop and phone or is it possible the iPod is connected??

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry I come across as a bit computer/technology illiterate, I assure you I am not, I just don't know all the jaron involved. :(

Okay.. now my iPhone is saying ONE connection.

Personal Hotspot is secure, right? I am the only one with the password and that is provided by Verizon? Right??

WiFi has a range of easily 150 feet. So it very possible you are seeing the iPod, especially if it is plugged in presently. But if you want to disconnect it, you can simply change the hotspot password, update the laptop and all other devices will fail to connect.