What's new

Apple TV (2015 Edition) Full Specs & Features

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-tv-2015.png

Apple just announced their next generation Apple TV, and they are aiming to take our living room experience to a whole new plateau. The new Apple TV is based upon powerful hardware and utilizes a modern OS to make an improved user experience. It even includes voice activated Siri support!

Here are the full specs and features of the new Apple TV!
  • tvOS - devs have access to the usual tools they are familiar with on iOS
  • Voice activated Siri remote - features a menu button, a TV button, a Siri button and a glass touch surface.
  • Improved and enhanced UI
  • Netflix, HBO Now and Hulu are already running on Apple TV
  • Hot new games are also on the new Apple TV including Disney Infinity, Guitar Hero, Crossy Road and more.
  • Siri for Apple TV can remember what you have said previously and can give you more info and details on the fly about the movies and TV shows you are interested in, just by asking it!
  • Apple Photos built-in and Siri interactive
  • Apple Music built-in and Siri interactive
Here are the full hardware specs of the new Apple TV:
  • 64-bit A8 chip
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
  • IR receiver
  • HDMI port, a power port and an ethernet port
  • Remote - Bluetooth 4.0, volume control, accelerometer, gyroscope - lasts up to three months on a single charge
The 32GB version is just $149 and the 64GB version is $199, and will be available to purchase in late October.

Last edited:
Thinking about getting a tv box. How does Apple TV compare to let's say the Roku 3?

Yeah I may have convinced myself to get the Apple TV. I really like that itll have the App Store. Thats the biggest selling point for me.

That whole shpiel with Crossy Road at the Apple Event may have been the worst waste of my time ever.

It looks cool and all, but with no MKV or HD audio, it's still not a movie player for me. I'll stick with my atv3 for watching Netflix and use the Mede8er for all my movies.

For me, I don't have any need for games or an app store on my movie streaming device. Now if one of the apps created is, say, Plex for Apple TV and it will pass better audio then just DD, then yea, I'm all over it.