What's new

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

DannyBoy

Reaction score
Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

ip4main.jpg
Headline says it all folks. Obviously the company is going to be getting out in front of this antenna drama (finally). It all happens at 10AM PT, Friday the 16th.

Source: Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday -- Engadget

Damn DannyBoy you beat me to the news.

OK, my predictions are as follows:

1. Steve Jobs will be nowhere near this announcement. Why? He can't admit that he (apple) was wrong.

2. Some lackey will serve up all kinds of excuses and justifications for why this phone is the best they've ever done.

3. They will say that, despite it being the best phone ever, they are willing to do a "fix" for those (few, rare) that are having a problem, despite it being a widspread problem. In other words they will try to pretend its only a miniscule percentage of people having the problem despite it being somewhat prolific.

What are your predictions?

Yea, same as you Johnny. I just can't see this is an easy "fix" It is what it is...... Can't wait to see what somebody has to say about it.

so this conference tomorrow is all answers to why the antenna wont work and other problems? i thought they already gave an answer or will they give sales stats also?

It's gonna start off bad and then there gonna Promote the Good and New things to get your mind off the bad.

:photos: I think Steve Jobs will be at the Press Conference tomorrow and will announce an offer for free bumpers or a coupon in the equivalent amount for another case (for those experiencing a problem). (Side note: Contrary to many people mentioning a full recall... that's just crazy and I don’t feel it's likely at all.)

I don't have an iPhone now and never have had one, but I have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the release date for the white iPhone 4. My current phone provider contract is up August 7th and I'm buying an iPhone, no if ands or buts about it. I don’t care about the negative comments about AT&T and I don’t care about the itsy bitsy, lame, cry-me-a-river reception problem... particularly because I don't believe it (even with 1,000 articles posted to the internet)! I also believe there is a huge misunderstanding as to how 'reception' and the antenna work and the purpose of the 'bars' on a cell phone. (I’m basically the “I don’t care” character in iPhone4 vs HTC Evo video by Tiny Watch Productions.)

I have a white 1st Gen iPod Nano and I bought the iPad on release day and LOVE them both. My biggest concern is the yellowing in the low-light camera and video shots from the iPhone 4, but I’m hoping that will be corrected with a software update.

Overall, my biggest prediction for tomorrow is that they will provide a release date for the white iPhone 4… if they don’t, I’m pretty much going to cry! And worse, if they say the white iPhone isn’t going to be offered at all, I’m going to die (well, not really, but I might!).

I WANT THE WHITE IPHONE 4.... NOW! <---- Sorry, minor temper tantrum! I'm okay now! :home:

my phone was ordered last thur. it still hasnt shipped. so personally i would like to see free bumper with my order, or the equivalent. a recall would be to damaging to the apple name, and way to costly IMO.

just my .02

Lots of words and excuses etc. But I doubt any real fixes. Maybe a few free bumpers but mostly just PR spin.

my money is on 'free bumper and grind' :eek:...errr free bumper and pancakes i meant. :D

my phone was ordered last thur. it still hasnt shipped. so personally i would like to see free bumper with my order, or the equivalent. a recall would be to damaging to the apple name, and way to costly IMO.

just my .02

We ordered my phone through ATT on July 6th and I got the shipping notice today for overnight Fed Ex, it will be here tomorrow. Looks like just over a week to get them out. You should see it soon.