What's new

Apple Stock

seneca18

Reaction score
Along with hopefully pre-ordering an iPad 3 this week (if they do pre-orders) I was thinking of buying a couple shares of Apple stock. It is expected that Apple stock could very well hit the $1,000 mark. My question is what do you think the release of the iPad 3 will do to the value of Apple stock? Should I go ahead and pick it up pretty quick here?

Apple's valuation has been low for a very long time. Logically the iPad 3 should only help it reach between $600 and $625 at most. Simply put they can not sustain the year over year growth after 2013. You would be talking about Apple having to sell twice as many phones as it has already sold in the last two years. That isn't feasible unless the cost structure is dropped dramatically OR they add a new product line in an area they haven't been in at all. So that means under the best condition you are only looking at $700 to $750 by the end of 2013 unless they introduce the iTV. Then all bets are off on their stock price. Because if it sells, you could easily see Apple going north of $1000.

Apple's valuation has been low for a very long time. Logically the iPad 3 should only help it reach between $600 and $625 at most. Simply put they can not sustain the year over year growth after 2013. You would be talking about Apple having to sell twice as many phones as it has already sold in the last two years. That isn't feasible unless the cost structure is dropped dramatically OR they add a new product line in an area they haven't been in at all. So that means under the best condition you are only looking at $700 to $750 by the end of 2013 unless they introduce the iTV. Then all bets are off on their stock price. Because if it sells, you could easily see Apple going north of $1000.

Good to know, Thanks. Can't wait to see what this iPad has to offer tomorrow!

Update: While Apple stock my not be at $900-$1000, I've almost paid for half of my new iPad with the investment so far. Wish I had a little more mula to put in there......:)

Hubby and I bought 50 shares in the late 80's at around $32/share, IIRC. We have stuck with Apple through thick and thin, one split, and now we are looking at a nice nest egg for the future. I can only hope it never disintegrates before we retire....