What's new

Apple Seeded the Third watch OS 2 Beta to Developers with New Features

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple watch os beta.jpg

Apple has seeded the third watchOS 2 beta to developers, with a variety of enhancements and bug fixes. The update enlarges the size of the keypad buttons, making them significantly easier to tap. Here's a breakdown of the new features and the improvements:
  • Enlarged keypad buttons
  • ____ instead of — when data is unavailable
  • More granular control of volume and brightness
  • New Music icon
  • Beats 1 support in the Music app
  • Weather details when it was last updated
  • Activation Lock added
  • Pressing the Digital Crown on the app screen immediately returns you to the watch face
watchOS 2 requires iOS 9 and can be downloaded over-the-air through the Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General -> Software Update. The new software brings native apps that run on the Apple Watch itself instead of the iPhone and also allows developers to access the Taptic Engine and a number of other sensors in the Apple Watch, such the heart rate monitor, the microphone, and the accelerometer.

Source: Apple

The battery life is also dramatically better than in WatchOS 2 beta 2.

My battery is usually at 60+% when I go to bed. Good to see some improvements coming. I love the watch. I have found uses that work well for work and play.

Sleep analysis is what I miss when compared to Basis Peak. Any signs of sleep tracking in the new update? I'm hoping it is not something that is only available in next generation watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk