What's new

Apple releases new iPhone SE

Cases that fit the iPhone 7 or 8 will fit the new SE.
One article I was reading last night indicated an iPhone 7 case will not work on the new SE, because the camera location is slightly different and the case will block part of the camera?

One article I was reading last night indicated an iPhone 7 case will not work on the new SE, because the camera location is slightly different and the case will block part of the camera?
I’ve found several articles saying the opposite. You can use the same case for the iPhone 7, 8 and SE (2).
9277DD10-3351-48F4-BF2D-8DEB03F9E2FD.jpeg

Apple sells cases which fit all of those devices:
10D7B961-9FB4-47FE-BDD1-0BB92682B77B.jpeg

Just to chime in that I am one of those that is disappointed this is a larger phone than the original SE.

While the new iPhone SE has a slightly larger screen at 4.7” it has most of the internal specs of the iPhone 11. It would have cost Apple a lot more to produce a new iPhone SE the same size as the original and this would have been reflected in a higher retail price. Apple saved a lot in development costs by using many parts in common with the iPhone 8.

To each their own, but, personally, I find the iPhones 6S, 7, 8, and SE (2020) to be the ideal compromise between screen size and overall device size. Smaller device, smaller screen means harder to read. Larger screen, larger device makes it harder to pocket and harder to one-hand. I certainly wouldn't want to go any smaller. I could live with going slightly larger.

Meanwhile, I've discovered our orders are actually shipping direct from China. Seems kind of nuts to do it that way, but I guess Apple knows their own business better than do I. Almost doesn't matter, because it's taking forever-in-a-day for the cases we ordered to get here, as well, anyway.

Apple will ship direct from China in the case of a new device that’s just been released or if stock already in the country is sold out. I just recently ordered a new MacBook Pro and iPad Pro and both were shipped direct from China.

I got mine!
banana.gif

Upgrade to the new phone was a breeze--even with Apple Pay and my Apple Watch. Got it sync'd with Uconnect in my Jeep and I'm right back where I was with the old phone.

It's funny, but my wife's phone shipped from China and cleared customs a day before mine, but mine arrived two (business) days before her's. Go figure. It's all good, though, because now I know exactly what to expect when we upgrade her.

It is definitely a bit smoother and more responsive than was my old iPhone 6S. Other than that, it's almost as if I was using the same phone I've been using for three years.

Annnnd, today my wife's arrived
banana.gif

Since she has no Apple Watch and itsn't using Apple Pay, it was a straight-forward copy/clone to the new iPhone. Took maybe fifteen minutes?

In the meantime, I did some A/B comparisons between her iPhone 6S and my new iPhone SE (2020) in dark light. These were taken at dusk, just after the end of twilight.

iPhone 6S:

IMG_1380-25pct.JPG

iPhone SE (2020):

IMG_1676-50pct.jpeg

Other than being scaled, they are both as straight from the respective phones.

Anyone know if Otterbox will have a Defender case for this one?
Or...
Is there an existing case that will fit this SE ?

Thx

4-17-20 update
WOW
50.00 in taxes at checkout within the pre-order
I'm puzzled

I use the OtterBox Commuter case (designed for iPhone 8) on my SE-2 phone. A perfect fit.

A little late but I have the original SE. In its fitted case it fits fine in my hand. While not connected to a wireless I will still carry it for its photo capabilities.