What's new

Apple releases new iPhone SE

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today Apple announced the release of an updated iPhone SE, which features an A13 Bionic chip, Touch ID and a 4.7” display. iPhone SE: A powerful new smartphone in a popular design

Preorders start at 5:00AM PDT on April 17th. It can be ordered from the Apple store app, the Apple online store and authorized resellers.

Last edited:
"...iPhone SE 2020 was launched by Apple company with the name iPhone SE, and just as all the rumors have said so far, it is an iPhone 8 that has the components updated to some extent, but not too much to not be too expensive. .

iPhone SE is a phone with a 4.7-inch diagonal screen, very thick edges at the top / bottom of the front panel, Touch ID button, A13 chip from iPhone 11, a camera from the same model last year, at least 64 GB of storage space. storage, and prices from $ 399, free of charge.

iPhone SE brings absolutely nothing new to any other phone from Apple, or from any other manufacturer, has a very outdated design, and is dedicated to those who want phones of acceptable size, but that look as if they were made in 2014...".

"...iPhone SE 2020 was launched by Apple company with the name iPhone SE, and just as all the rumors have said so far, it is an iPhone 8 that has the components updated to some extent, but not too much to not be too expensive. .

iPhone SE is a phone with a 4.7-inch diagonal screen, very thick edges at the top / bottom of the front panel, Touch ID button, A13 chip from iPhone 11, a camera from the same model last year, at least 64 GB of storage space. storage, and prices from $ 399, free of charge.

iPhone SE brings absolutely nothing new to any other phone from Apple, or from any other manufacturer, has a very outdated design, and is dedicated to those who want phones of acceptable size, but that look as if they were made in 2014...".
The new iPhone SE2 has the most advanced single camera system ever put on an iPhone.

Form factor is important if you have the phone in your hand all day, as I do, and I think the 4.7" model is ideal. It’s also some $50 cheaper than what they were selling the 8 for.

Anyone know if Otterbox will have a Defender case for this one?
Or...
Is there an existing case that will fit this SE ?

Thx

4-17-20 update
WOW
50.00 in taxes at checkout within the pre-order
I'm puzzled

Last edited:
My wife and I are really looking forward to this one. Will be a great upgrade from our 6S'. Particularly the battery life, Band 71 (TMO's 600MHz band), and the camera. All in a form factor we like.

Really looking forward to getting one, but $50 tax???
Mistake?
How did that come out?

Well, I’ve thought about this some since I paused on the pre-order.
There was the 256gb version
Apple care for 2 years
I have ATT & thought I’d pay for that to be set up prior to shipment.
All things available thru the pre-order.
I’m guessing, but...
My first thought was :
is there a tax multiplier?

My only rational conclusion was that I must be being charged tax on the ATT portion.
A separate service from Apple.

I don’t know really.

I ended up pre-ordering a 256GB in Black with No extras.

Apparently a number of reviewers have gotten their hands on the new iPhone SE's. The reviews I've seen so far have been unanimously positive. The only real negative I've seen has been the lack of dark mode for the camera. I believe I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of these for my wife and I today.

Update: Done! They're currently quoting 1-2 weeks delivery.

Last edited:

I'm sure someone has pointed out, in addition to the camera, processor, wifi, etc. updates this is the only way to get Touch ID, and it comes in cool colors [emoji41]

Anyone know if Otterbox will have a Defender case for this one?
Or...
Is there an existing case that will fit this SE ?

Thx

4-17-20 update
WOW
50.00 in taxes at checkout within the pre-order
I'm puzzled

Cases that fit the iPhone 7 or 8 will fit the new SE. Just beware that if you choose a case with the opening on the back for the logo, the Apple logo on the SE is located lower than it is on the iPhone 7/8, so it won't show through.

Form factor is important if you have the phone in your hand all day, as I do, and I think the 4.7" model is ideal. It’s also some $50 cheaper than what they were selling the 8 for.

Many people, myself included, prefer a bezel and a button over a "smooth screen". Yes, the newer phones look sleeker, but I'm all for fit and function. Besides, there are a lot of classic cars from the 1960's and 1970's that I love. What's wrong with putting a modern drivetrain in the classic looker?