What's new

Apple Pay on iPhone 6/6+ & iOS8.1

AQ_OC

Reaction score
Anyone use it yet? I just did at Walgreens...worked great except I still had to sign the pad due to my purchase being over $50 (A Walgreens thing). It was nice to not have to pop out the CC.

Anyone use it yet? I just did at Walgreens...worked great except I still had to sign the pad due to my purchase being over $50 (A Walgreens thing). It was nice to not have to pop out the CC.
Having to manually sign for any purchase over $50.00 defeats the whole purpose of Apple Pay, which is to speed up transactions in the most secure way possible. Apple Pay gives them all the authentication they need that the purchase was made by the legitimate cardholder.

Having to manually sign for any purchase over $50.00 defeats the whole purpose of Apple Pay, which is to speed up transactions in the most secure way possible. Apple Pay gives them all the authentication they need that the purchase was made by the legitimate cardholder.

I agree. I told them so but of course that is useless. I guess I need to email corporate.

It's actually worse than that...because you have to type in that loyality card number or swipe it (I don't carry that card so I have to type my number in...

It is still more secure because Walgreens never sees your CC.

I did use it too at Walgreens, works very well. The loyalty card from Walgreens you can add to passbook as well, just need to download Walgreens app, and add the card to your passbook, very convenient,also have my Starbucks card in passbook, and when I travel to Europe I use Lufthansa,and you can add boarding passes there too :)

I went to the apple store to buy an accessory. I was the first person the clerk checked out who was using Apple Pay so he was just as excited as I was. Super easy experience. After i paid, he needed me to type my email into his phone (he was using his phone as a POS) so they could email me the receipt, so that was an additional process. I feel like these things (including signing a receipt at Walgreens, etc) will be ironed out in the upcoming weeks.
It turns out I was so excited to use Apple Pay that I didn't even notice the price, which was way more than I was hoping to pay for it, so I went right back to return it. I expected there to be some disorganization as I didn't really have a receipt. The guy didn't even ask for one. He just scanned the product, I used the Touch ID, and just like that, I had returned the product. I had to enter my email again (lame, I know), and then I left.
Overall experience was a 9.5.

I went to the apple store to buy an accessory. I was the first person the clerk checked out who was using Apple Pay so he was just as excited as I was. Super easy experience. After i paid, he needed me to type my email into his phone (he was using his phone as a POS) so they could email me the receipt, so that was an additional process. I feel like these things (including signing a receipt at Walgreens, etc) will be ironed out in the upcoming weeks.
It turns out I was so excited to use Apple Pay that I didn't even notice the price, which was way more than I was hoping to pay for it, so I went right back to return it. I expected there to be some disorganization as I didn't really have a receipt. The guy didn't even ask for one. He just scanned the product, I used the Touch ID, and just like that, I had returned the product. I had to enter my email again (lame, I know), and then I left.
Overall experience was a 9.5.
I just set up my Applepay and noticed something I did not at first realize about it. I found that even though, in settings, my email address, home address, shipping address and phone number, I had to click on each to get the default check mark. Have you done this as well or could this be why you have to give them your email? Just wondering as I haven't used it yet.

I never even noticed those settings! Thanks. I'll have to see (next time) if that does it.

I never even noticed those settings! Thanks. I'll have to see (next time) if that does it.
Please do. I don't think I will have the opportunity of testing this Til next week but want the results of "your research".

Nice. Just did the Walgreens Card to my passbook thing. Thanks!
You are very welcome:) Actually the Walgreens app is very useful. If you use it for your prescriptions,just need to scan a barcode from prescription bottle,and they will do the refill,also from iphone you can order and upload photos to the store and order prints. Of course need to sign up and make account with them
Also there is a lot more apps you can use at passbook, just tap the passbook and it will offer to see which apps are useful for passbook:)

I just set up my Applepay and noticed something I did not at first realize about it. I found that even though, in settings, my email address, home address, shipping address and phone number, I had to click on each to get the default check mark. Have you done this as well or could this be why you have to give them your email? Just wondering as I haven't used it yet.
I did that long time ago , for Siri, otherwise how would she know me, in case I had to tell here ' show me directions to home,or other things related to me. When I set up the ApplePay they asked if I want to use my card and address which is on file with Apple Store as a default, just had to confirm yes.

I did it for Siri too, but I was only asked do I want to use the card on file; there was nothing about my address

I did that long time ago , for Siri, otherwise how would she know me, in case I had to tell here ' show me directions to home,or other things related to me. When I set up the ApplePay they asked if I want to use my card and address which is on file with Apple Store as a default, just had to confirm yes.
Go into Applepay and look for what I described. It also already had my info but the check mark didn't show at each one of those settings until I clicked on each.

I did it for Siri too, but I was only asked do I want to use the card on file; there was nothing about my address
Settings>Passbook & Applepay>scroll down to Transaction Defaults. Click on each thing listed then click on the default info and a check mark will appear at the right side of the box.