What's new

Apple Lightning digital av adapter

Rosneath

Reaction score
I have an IPhone 6s Plus that I would like to connect an Apple lightning digital tv adapter to my iPhone and an hdmi cable to my tv, so that I can watch Eurosport 1 and 2 channels via the Eurosport Player Uk app via my iPhone to my tv. Looking to find out if this method will work.

I haven’t used the eurosport app, but have used bbc iplayer from both iPhone and iPad to Panasonic TV via hdmi cable.

Btw, it may be worth looking around on the net for a good price for the adapter. Last year I bought mine (proper Apple device) from Viking Office Supplies if I recall correctly and paid a lot less than full price, although their price seems to have gone back up.

I haven’t used the eurosport app, but have used bbc iplayer from both iPhone and iPad to Panasonic TV via hdmi cable.

Btw, it may be worth looking around on the net for a good price for the adapter. Last year I bought mine (proper Apple device) from Viking Office Supplies if I recall correctly and paid a lot less than full price, although their price seems to have gone back up.

Thanks for your reply

Rosneath: An update to yesterday’s reply.

We (well me actually) forgot to record part 1 of the latest series of Vera. Time to catch up on recorded progs, so I thought of watchng it via the ITV Hub app but the app does not allow the prog to be displayed on our TV via the adaptor. Hence while the BBC iPlayer works, whether the Eurosport app will allow it I do not know. (I tried installing their app to see if they have a free tester prog, but all require payment up front☹️..)

Thanks I have contacted Eurosport Uk and asked the same question they say I have to contact Apple to see if the adapter will work with their app. Also asked if I could get a free trial no I must pay a subscription. If I pay through my IPhone, I am allowed to use my iPad but if I want to watch on my computer, I need to take out another subscription the same if I used an android phone or android tablet. Too much hassle. The only sure way it would work is connecting a computer via an hdmi cable. I am not going to buy a computer just for the sake of watching Eurosport. Thanks once again for your replies, they have helpful