What's new

Apple launches new MobileMe

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
newmobileme-61810.jpg

Apple has just launched a completely redesigned and updated MobileMe. The all-new MobileMe Mail at me.com is now out of beta and available to all members.

Here's a summary of what's new in the Mail web application, including a couple of new features we've added since the beta went live:

• Widescreen and compact views. When reading your mail at me.com, the new widescreen view lets you see more of each message with less scrolling. Choose compact view to hide your folders or classic view to see more of your message list.
  • Rules to keep your email organized everywhere. Mail rules help you reduce inbox clutter by automatically filing messages into folders you select ahead of time. Set them up at me.com, and your rules organize your incoming email on the web and everywhere else — on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC.
  • Single-click archiving. Click the Archive button and the selected message is quickly filed into the Archive folder where it's always available for future reference.
  • Formatting toolbar. You can create great-looking email messages using formatting buttons to bold or italicize text, change font color, insert images, and more. You can even create formatted web links to hide long URLs.
  • Faster performance. Mail at me.com loads your inbox and messages faster. And with interface refinements such as the ability to scroll through your entire inbox without having to manually click to load the next set of messages, you'll be able to work more efficiently.
  • Increased security with SSL. With MobileMe Mail, accessing your email on the web is more secure than ever. Your inbox is protected to prevent anyone from eavesdropping on your webmail. As always, you receive SSL protection when you use your MobileMe Mail account on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC.
  • Support for external email addresses (new since the beta). Reading all your email in one place is easy with MobileMe Mail. You can receive email from another service by having the email forwarded to your me.com address.* And when you reply to a message using webmail, you can choose to send it from the address it was sent to, or from your MobileMe account.
  • Improved junk mail filtering (new since the beta). MobileMe Mail places suspected spam messages directly in the Junk folder. If you see an email that you actually want, click the "Not Junk" button on me.com. MobileMe moves the message to your Inbox and makes sure that messages from that sender are not sent to your Junk folder again.
To use the new MobileMe Mail, just sign in to your account at me.com.

I also think I will get it. I've had a Mac computer for a while just didn't think this was worth it. But being able to sync with my iPhone will be good. I won't be able to get it next week with my iPhone though, need to pay my Verizon ETF.

I got it back in 2007. It's a MacBook 13" 2.0 Core2Duo with 2GB of RAM. Probably going to upgrade to a MacBook Pro 15" next year.

im thinking of going mac also getting a macbook pro 15 i think the 13 would be too small

Yeah I like the potability of my 13" right now, but sometimes I wish I had a bigger screen. But if the 13" MacBook Pro's end up getting the new i5 or an i3 processor I may get the 13". But the better processor is also why I want the bigger one.

i dont think i would be able to afford the 15 they want so much, i think 15 is the sweet spot 13 too small and 17 way too big, but very good for travel the 13 and the 15. i would be happy with the 13 or 15 but i would never again go for a 17 one again

We have MobileMe and it is nice for a variety of reasons. My calendar and contacts are automatically updated regardless of where I put the new informations. If I add it to my phone, it updates on my computer and vice versa. I love the idisk too. If I have an important document on my computer, I just drag it into idisk and then I can retrieve it from my phone if I am out and about. The uploadable photo and video gallery is great for sharing with others when you are taking photo and video from your phone on vacation. This is really going to be great with the new phone. The find my phone feature is nice but I hope I never need it.

i think that feature would be very handy updating all at once with out having to do it manually

i never tried it, how does it work? to use mobile me you have to install software and it only works from there? then you sync your phone to there? how does it work?