What's new

iOS 6 Beta version 3 brings @iCloud.com emails

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
icloud_icon_text.jpeg

The third beta version of the new iOS 6 has been rolled out this week and surprise surprise - MacRumors noticed that the transition from me.com email addresses to icloud.com email addresses has been initiated. So from now on, new users signing up to the service for the first time will be granted icloud.com email addresses from the start.

Users switching over from the now deceased service MobileMe to the iCloud service have the option of using the same username when transitioning to the other service.

“icloud.com email addresses are now available for iCloud mail users. Users signing up for new Apple IDs, or enabling Mail on their iCloud account for the first time, will automatically receive a @icloud.com email address instead of a me.com email address. iCloud users with @me.com addresses that have been used with iOS 6 beta 3 will receive an @icloud.com email address that matches their @me.com address.”

For the moment, developers who are in charge of testing the new beta version won’t be able to send emails using the @icloud.com address via iCloud.com. First off they will have to sing in using the website beta.icloud.com, that has been reserved for the use of iOS 6 developers.

Apple has also rolled out for developers the Xcode Developer Preview 3 and Apple TV Software beta 3.

By Radu

Source: Apple Rolling Out iCloud.com Email Addresses with iOS 6 Beta 3 - Mac Rumors