What's new

Apple Keeps Saying Incorrect Password But It's Not!

JustineVictoria

Reaction score
My friend just got the 4s and she and I can't figure out how to solve an annoying problem she's experiencing.

When she tries to login to the app store, it prompts her for her password. She enters her password, making sure it's correct (capitals where necessary, she knows she is typing the right password) and it says incorrect password. After a few attempts, it makes her reset her password.

So she tries to reset her password (and Apple requires an annoyingly complicated combo of lowercase, uppercase, and numbers, which she fulfills) but it won't let her use the passwords she wants because it says "this password was used within the past year" or something along those lines.

So Apple basically forces her to choose a password she'll likely never remember, she resets it, writing it down exactly as she entered it twice.

When she goes to login to the app store using the exact new password she just created, same thing. Incorrect password. If she tries to login on her computer, the password works fine. It's just on her new iPhone 4S that she is having this password annoyance.

Any help/guidance anyone can provide would be helpful so she doesn't have to go to Verizon or call Apple support.

Can't figure this one out between the two of us.

(P.S. I have the iPhone 4 and have never had such a problem logging in, and my password also is not as intricate and specific as Apple requires hers to be.)

Be very careful which password it asks for. Sometimes you are asked for the "apple" password and sometimes the "iTunes" password--and give it the one it asks for!! The are not the same!!This happened to me several times and I changed passwords several times before I caught on . Read it carefully!!

Thank you for your reply and the information... I didn't know there was a difference and that's quite silly... I don't believe this is the problem my friend has been experiencing because she keeps resetting the password it is asking for when she tries to log into the App store (and even if it was the problem, Apple has forced her to change her password so many times she wouldn't know what's what at this point!), but it is certainly good advice and something we'll both be conscious of in the future! Thanks!

Be very careful which password it asks for. Sometimes you are asked for the "apple" password and sometimes the "iTunes" password--and give it the one it asks for!! The are not the same!!This happened to me several times and I changed passwords several times before I caught on . Read it carefully!!

In your settings . Under your account. Is that right and you are using both synced