What's new

Apple is aware of battery life problem on 4s and iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update.
I slept with 51% battery woke up with 46%. Not bad at all. Last charged
My phone yesterday, took it off the charger at 4pm. Listened to music till 8pm,it took 2hours for my battery to go down from 100% to 88%. That's amazing. Pretty impressed.
Got home by 8:20. Played games for an hour and a bit. Battery went down to 52%.

Here is my latest screenie on first full charge since installing 5.0.1b2. I'm happy with the results, which are in line with my iPhone4 and expectations moving to the 4S...

6faba6a9.jpg

f4780y said:
Here is my latest screenie on first full charge since installing 5.0.1b2. I'm happy with the results, which are in line with my iPhone4 and expectations moving to the 4S...

Pretty good for standby but bad do usage. Have you tried resetting your phone?

sekelani said:
Pretty good for standby but bad do usage. Have you tried resetting your phone?

I disagree. I've used the phone for 4 hours over the last 2 days. Its exactly what I expect with 20% charge left.

f4780y said:
I disagree. I've used the phone for 4 hours over the last 2 days. Its exactly what I expect with 20% charge left.

Fair enough. It depends if he has a lot of applications or games. If you don't battery will last way longer

I'm going to restore as new phone with 5.0.1b2 so far not too bad but I'd like to see if there's much if any difference.

Jamie76 said:
I'm going to restore as new phone with 5.0.1b2 so far not too bad but I'd like to see if there's much if any difference.

There will be. Everyone you get new beta it's advisable to set up has a new iPhone so that I there were errors they will be erased

iCrank said:
Battery improvements and a few more things.

I had noteced my iPhone 4s is much better and quicker.

sekelani said:
I had noteced my iPhone 4s is much better and quicker.

Here's the change log

Fixes bugs affecting battery life
Adds multitasking gestures for the original iPad
Resolves bugs with documents in the cloud
Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Contains security improvements
Introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on the device, even in low storage situations.
While the battery life fix is of big interest to iPhone users, the re-inclusion of multitasking gestures to original iPad owners is noteworthy on its own. The feature lets iPad users take advantage of multi-finger gestures to navigate between apps and access certain features — notably, pinching together on the screen to go back to the home screen. Apple originally included the feature in an earlier developer beta, but removed it entirely in the final version of the software that went out to consumers.

Note *take no credit for this.

If people go to this will it effect them when they try to jailbreak untethered when it comes out

Battery life does seem better with iOS 5.0 beta 2. But I had already turned of the location service that constantly checks which time-zone you are in.
Mine still does seem to drain fairly quickly though when reading PDF's through iBooks. Haven't a clue why.

yea it would. if u want to jailbreak don't get the beta

Status
Not open for further replies.