What's new

Apple is aware of battery life problem on 4s and iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also have the option to buy a phone case/battery case.

I'de certainly like to avoid making the phone any bigger than it is. I have the Otterbox on it now as I can be rough on stuff... and it's way bigger than the phone without it.
Like I said.. my battery life currently isn't too bad (that screenshot above has 1 day 17 hours of standby with 2 hours 21 minuted usage and I'm at 50% battery).

motochris said:
I'de certainly like to avoid making the phone any bigger than it is. I have the Otterbox on it now as I can be rough on stuff... and it's way bigger than the phone without it.
Like I said.. my battery life currently isn't too bad (that screenshot above has 1 day 17 hours of standby with 2 hours 21 minuted usage and I'm at 50% battery).

I hear ya. My Phonesuit elite case is about as slim as the otterbox, and it not as wide. However it great that you have a better battery.

I'd just like to say, 100% this morning not used other than a few texts. Come home 8 hours later and it's still 97% using it on here and emails half hour later 90%. Conclusion the more you use it for like all electrical products these days the more it drains. Simples!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

You are one of the few than don't have the idle drain. There are two camps. One group has high idle drain, 5-15% per hour while not being used. The other group has high usage drain. Battery is fine when at idle-0.5 to 1% per hour of drain, but while using its about 1% every 2 minutes if 3G or gps have to be used.

You guys getting 2 days or more of battery life, how many apps are you running in the back ground? Are you syncing any app and if so, continious or at a set time? GPS on, WiFi on? I know that with my Google phone, just by turning off autosync and allowing background apps to get data whenever they feel like it really pulls the power out of the battery. One of my kids wants one of these so I'm not sure for someone who averages thousands of texts a month if it's really gonna matter. I'm so use to my power needs, I carry 2 extra battery backup rechargers. Thanks

Rocko said:
Wow, I can only get to that level with 5% left... :(

Guys another WERD UPDATE.
This is so bad.
I let my phone die. Then charge to 100%. Played games for 2 hour. Now look. Compared to my amazing battery life 2 days ago. Wow

Attachments

• $image-1257233233.jpg
    $image-1257233233.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 365
Guys another WERD UPDATE.
This is so bad.
I let my phone die. Then charge to 100%. Played games for 2 hour. Now look. Compared to my amazing battery life 2 days ago. Wow
That GPU is really pulling power to make it run so well.

I was shocked you were getting good battery life out of Beta 2. Beta 1 was great but Beta 2 has been no where near as good as 1. In fact Beta 2 is only very slightly better than stock.

I was shocked you were getting good battery life out of Beta 2. Beta 1 was great but Beta 2 has been no where near as good as 1. In fact Beta 2 is only very slightly better than stock.

Is that what you are also hearing from others on the second beta?

NewdestinyX said:
I am also running beta-2. And no appreciable difference in battery life than stock. I didn't jump into the betas until beta-2 so I can can't give you any feedback about beta-1 since I never tested it.

Beta 2 is horrible. I had 1 day if good battery life. Then had a horrible day yesterday of just 3hours of usage and pone died.

I feel like my battery fluctuates like that though. One day it lasts forever, and the next it drains very quickly... (stock)

microsnook said:
I feel like my battery fluctuates like that though. One day it lasts forever, and the next it drains very quickly... (stock)

Oh is that what stock means?

NewdestinyX said:
That mainly proves that it's software-based and that what the phone is "over"-accessing, on a daily basis, keeps fluctuating.

Cool. Thanks buddy. I wonder when apple could fix it.

[/QUOTE

No knowing how the Devs programs work, are you guys able/asked to provide feedback to apple about the B1 & B2 realises, or do we all rely on apple working out which version is better ?

True. But I wonder why in beta1 the battery life would improve. But in beta 2 it gets worse. It's like they are going backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.