What's new

Apple is aware of battery life problem on 4s and iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that the back of the phone gets warm very quickly when I start to use it in a manner that drains the battery at 1% every minute or two. This has to be connected with the drain. I understand batteries heating up after long use but not after a few minutes. When I find my infrared temp. gauge I will report some findings.

To the beta testers. How do you report your findings and have you sent back your poor review of beta 2?

Rocko said:
I have noticed that the back of the phone gets warm very quickly when I start to use it in a manner that drains the battery at 1% every minute or two. This has to be connected with the drain. I understand batteries heating up after long use but not after a few minutes. When I find my infrared temp. gauge I will report some findings.

To the beta testers. How do you report your findings and have you sent back your poor review of beta 2?

Simple process. We go to this thing called the apple developer forum. Then submit out findings. We report a bug then they give us a log

I'll be glad when Apple completes a working patch for this battery problem. With in 15 to 20 minutes my battery dropped 1%. This phone just about consumes the same amount of juice my Inspire 4G did.

I don't see how people are able to make it through the day without a charging case, especially if your out and about.

I'm at 97% now and have only been using my phone for 5 or 10 minutes posting to this forum. Ridiculous!

p3unit32 said:
I'm at 97% now and have only been using my phone for 5 or 10 minutes posting to this forum. Ridiculous!

Yep that's the Same results I am getting on beta 2

Ridiculous I tell you! Ridiculous! The things that make the iPhone useful they want you to toggle on and off. It's starting to appear that the 4S in some cases was rushed.

p3unit32 said:
Ridiculous I tell you! Ridiculous! The things that make the iPhone useful they want you to toggle on and off. It's starting to appear that the 4S in some cases was rushed.

Yeah. I guess it was. Maybe though. Apple could of done bettter

sekelani said:
Yeah. I guess it was. Maybe though. Apple could of done bettter

I totally agree. Right now I'm consuming about 20% of the battery every 1.5 hours. I took the phone off the charger at 7:30 and at 9:00 I was at 79%. That was using the phone to post to the forum, made a 45 minute call.

I had the Evo & the battery life sucked. I would charge my phone all night & by 2pm, my phone world be on the verge of dying. Now I have the iPhone 4s... I charge it all night & it stays charged ALL DAY!

BelizeanDOll said:
I had the Evo & the battery life sucked. I would charge my phone all night & by 2pm, my phone world be on the verge of dying. Now I have the iPhone 4s... I charge it all night & it stays charged ALL DAY!

Sounds like you made the right decision lol

I totally agree. Right now I'm consuming about 20% of the battery every 1.5 hours. I took the phone off the charger at 7:30 and at 9:00 I was at 79%. That was using the phone to post to the forum, made a 45 minute call.

Honestly, what are your expectations in this usage scenario? Out of 1.5 hours you made a 45 minute phone call and surfed the internet posting on the forum. I'll assume you call on 3G and used WiFi for the surfing.

The stated battery life of the 4S in that scenario is up to 8 hours, maybe stretching to 8.5 if I am being generous.
If you used 3G to surf too, the stated battery life is up to 6 hours, which we can stretch to 7 for the phone call time.

You are getting, by your own admission, about 7.5 hours battery life based on completely non-scientific observation. And you are calling that ridiculous?

I don't deny that there is a battery problem on the 4S and I am sure Apple will rectify it, but I think you guys need to put it in perspective to avoid future disappointment. I've been running b2 since it came out, and so far managed 2 full days on standby with about 3 hours total use twice in a row (currently on my 3rd cycle and looks set to be around the same again), which is my normal usage pattern for my phone. It's worse than my iP4, but I expect it to be given the upgrades in hardware and IOS supported by negligible change to the battery capacity.

That's my 2c.

f4780y said:
Honestly, what are your expectations in this usage scenario? Out of 1.5 hours you made a 45 minute phone call and surfed the internet posting on the forum. I'll assume you call on 3G and used WiFi for the surfing.

The stated battery life of the 4S in that scenario is up to 8 hours, maybe stretching to 8.5 if I am being generous.
If you used 3G to surf too, the stated battery life is up to 6 hours, which we can stretch to 7 for the phone call time.

You are getting, by your own admission, about 7.5 hours battery life based on completely non-scientific observation. And you are calling that ridiculous?

I don't deny that there is a battery problem on the 4S and I am sure Apple will rectify it, but I think you guys need to put it in perspective to avoid future disappointment. I've been running b2 since it came out, and so far managed 2 full days on standby with about 3 hours total use twice in a row (currently on my 3rd cycle and looks set to be around the same again), which is my normal usage pattern for my phone. It's worse than my iP4, but I expect it to be given the upgrades in hardware and IOS supported by negligible change to the battery capacity.

That's my 2c.

So you had 2 days of stand by and 3 hours of usage?

NewdestinyX said:
oh, I assure you it was indeed rushed! They missed their June deadline which all iPhone people expect a new phone each June. There was NO way Apple was going to miss the October rollout.

Yeah... Good point. But this do not like Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.