What's new

Apple is aware of battery life problem on 4s and iphone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocko said:
This brings me hope Skull. I just restored as new and got 3.5 hours of use before it died. I had everything off but 3G and streamed Netflix movies for 2.5 hours.

I streamed Netflix for 10% and went 51 minutes into the movie. Switched to 3G and in 10% I went for 24 minutes into the movie. That equates to roughly 8 hours on wifi and 4 hours on 3G.

Battery life seems worse on this beta. What I have realized is that is snappier. But terrible battery. I was on my phone for 30minutes and lost 7% just browsing the bet. Horrible.

Battery life seems worse on this beta. What I have realized is that is snappier. But terrible battery. I was on my phone for 30minutes and lost 7% just browsing the bet. Horrible.

Why do you say thats horrible your on a 7 hour pace when apple says to expect 6 hours on the internet with the 4s.

This is the WRAP UP post for the first iOS 5.0.1 beta 24 hour battery run.

After my last post last night I broke down and still used the phone to play a game, go figure ;), but I was very pleasantly surprised that I didn't wreck the numbers.

Battery remaining: 41% - This is good news considering I added 13 minutes of heavy gaming to the run. 1% per hour in standby which is the Apple projected.

Why do you say 1% per hour of standby which is projected by apple when the iphone 4s is projected to get 200 hours of standby thats 2% per hour doesnt sound like a big difference but its twice as much as to what your saying. and the iphone 4 is projected to get 300 hours of standby.

It's just beta 1 was much better in results

$download.jpg

My battery seems to be getting worse as the week went down. Drain it to 0 then 100% didn't help the 3x I did it. Now I am feeling my phone get warm on the lower back at 5 minutes of use.

Last edited:
Why do you say 1% per hour of standby which is projected by apple when the iphone 4s is projected to get 200 hours of standby thats 2% per hour doesnt sound like a big difference but its twice as much as to what your saying. and the iphone 4 is projected to get 300 hours of standby.

I researched your point. You are very correct. Apple says "up to" 200 hours of standby on the tech specs for the iPhone 4S. Only issue is real world testing only show 100 hours and I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Apple confirmed that fact. It is possible I read this on the developer forum which is why I am treating my results as fact.

Sadly both betas of iOS 5.0.1 show no improvement of getting anywhere near 200 hours of standby. I am still tracking exactly at 1% per hour.

iOS 5 beta 2 is NOT as good as beta 1 for battery. So that have taken a step backwards it seems.

Guys give it time. That is what beta is about. I admire Scull for sharing his tests. There are thousands of beta testers all reporting back to Apple so hopefully once it is fine tuned then the issues will be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Guys give it time. That is what beta is about. I admire Scull for sharing his tests. There are thousands of beta testers all reporting back to Apple so hopefully once it is fine tuned then the issues will be fixed.

Exactly. Perhaps they're testing different configurations to see which gives the best battery life.

This is unfortunate news, that's why I purchased a battery case. I hope they get this issue resolved though. From the developers doing testing, any ideas on how to fix this or what's causing the issue.

I suggest relax take a break don't stress and be patient. The original time line to release any update was not days but weeks. The update also corrects other issues as well with iOS5. We are fortunate to have developers sharing this information

Col.bris said:
I suggest relax take a break don't stress and be patient. The original time line to release any update was not days but weeks. The update also corrects other issues as well with iOS5. We are fortunate to have developers sharing this information

I totally agree with you. I'm not bothered by this issue at all, everything else works fine. That's why I purchase a battery case when I bought the phone. My phone now last a little past 24 hours, you can't beat that!

I researched your point. You are very correct. Apple says "up to" 200 hours of standby on the tech specs for the iPhone 4S. Only issue is real world testing only show 100 hours and I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Apple confirmed that fact. It is possible I read this on the developer forum which is why I am treating my results as fact.

Sadly both betas of iOS 5.0.1 show no improvement of getting anywhere near 200 hours of standby. I am still tracking exactly at 1% per hour.

Wow that sucks only 100 hours of standby on the 4s i have the 4 with IOS5 and my standby is still 1% per 3 hours but i did notice battery drain a little quicker when the phone is being used but standby is still the same as before the IOS5 update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.