What's new

Apple ID

dannan

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? My wife and I use the same apple ID cuz we use the same account, but since I updated to IOS5 every time I go home my phone automatically starts to sync and I get all the app from her phone on my phone! Plus I know have her contacts in my phone and vice versa. I am a little frustrated should we both have our own iTunes account now?

No. You are dealing with the iCloud syncing not an iTunes syncing issue. You want both of you on the same iTunes account in the app store. But you want to create her an iCloud account that is different than yours so you can store your own data separately in the iCloud system.

No. You are dealing with the iCloud syncing not an iTunes syncing issue. You want both of you on the same iTunes account in the app store. But you want to create her an iCloud account that is different than yours so you can store your own data separately in the iCloud system.

So she needs to go to icloud.com and set up her own email, and that will create her icloud account?

The reason I'm asking is my wife and I are having the same issue with contacts. I don't automatically add new apps to my phone.

Correct. In fact you can setup multiple iCloud accounts on a single iPhone. The advantage to this is the ability to have 3 accounts. One for you, one for her and one to share. On the shared one you turn all syncing off save for what you might want to both see like say the photo stream, reminders and calendar. And then on the individual accounts you turn off photo stream, reminders and calendar and leave everything else on.

I really feel Apple did a good job with this.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm still trying to get my head around the whole cloud thing. But it's my cloud and his name is Edgar.

Thanks guys that is perfect I will try that today! Thanks for the help!

Where do you go to creat a third email account?

At present you need 3 iOS 5 phones. I happen to have that condition. Hopefully that will change in the future.

I wonder if you can have a shared Apple ID for the purpose of Apps and photostream but different ID's for the purpose of Facetime, and iMessage.

On my wifes phone it shows my iCloud email and my email how do I change that? Do I have to delete it and set up a new one?