What's new

Apple Defends Siri Against Legal Action

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4141-iphone-4s.JPG

The Wall Street Journal writes that Apple has been busy defending Siri in various lawsuits, most of which basically say that Siri doesn’t do what Apple claims it does. Apple is facing several class action lawsuits in Oakland, California, which say that Apple’s iPhone 4S adverts and marketing material make false claims for Siri, which, they allege, does not operate as well in actuality as it is show to do in Apple’s TV spots. One plaintiff complained that he couldn’t replicate what was shown in the “Rock God” commercial, and another said that when they asked Siri for directions, she either didn’t understand what they wanted to know, or gave the wrong answer, after a long pause. In response, Apple’s lawyers, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, said in a court filing that although Siri is not perfect, and is still a Beta version, she is still “cutting edge.” Apple’s lawyers also reminded the plaintiffs that if they were disappointed by Siri, they could always have made use of Apple’s 30-day return policy, or one-year warranty, but none of them did.

Source: Apple Fires Back in Lawsuit over Siri’s Performance - Law Blog - WSJ

I thought siri actually worked in the states lol imagine other countries where siri cannot do half of what it does in the USA

I thought siri actually worked in the states lol imagine other countries where siri cannot do half of what it does in the USA
The problems have always has been about user error with Siri. And accent problems. Siri does everything exactly as expected and advertised for me all day every day. I'm from Philly area with a light Philly accent. I was able to recreate the Rock God commercial in every detail as could my kids. But I have a friend with a light Aussie accent and he has terrible trouble with Siri. Siri's very fussy with accents. That needs to get better. The only slight annoyance I have with "her" is when I say "exclamation point" expecting the punctuation mark '!' and she writes "exhalation point" or "excavation point" instead. I guess on that word my accent's in the way. She also insists on transcribing my daughter "Kara"'s name as "Tara". Other than that - she's a DREAM!

No problems here, except she is almost as smart mouthed as my kids, lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S on Sprints Now Network.

I live in Canada so we don't have most of the Siri features you guys do. Hopefully it will be offered to us soon.