What's new

Apple bump case is a ripoff

i love mine, course i got 3 of them for free!

i use power supports films and the front and back along with the bumper

unless you drop the phone on a corner or raised area that actually hits the glass front or back, would this bumper protect it? if it hit perfectly flat on front or back...or hit the corner. to me it looks like it would protect it...

because apple claimed the front & back glass is 10x stonger than plastic. one MAY NOT need an invisible shield to protect it frm scratch.

the key word being MAY NOT.

Mine has a scratch across the back because i once forgot and put it in my pocket with my car keys!! Its only 2 weeks old. Stronger than plastic? I wldnt count on that!!!!!

The iphone bumper is the best! It was engineered by apple and provides the best protection. I have 2 of them and tested many others that do not even come close to the quality and protection of the iphone bumper!!!!

because apple claimed the front & back glass is 10x stonger than plastic. one MAY NOT need an invisible shield to protect it frm scratch.

the key word being MAY NOT.

Mine has a scratch across the back because i once forgot and put it in my pocket with my car keys!! Its only 2 weeks old. Stronger than plastic? I wldnt count on that!!!!!

whats up with that?? I thought you needed a diamond to scratch glass....

lol... oh apple and their ways too get us to buy their products... =) we fall for it all the time..

I spent $30 for a apple bump case and what a ripoff. It provides no protection fot the front or back what ever so I went to Bestbuy and purchased the rocketfish case for $20 and it protects all sides and the back side like the bumper case for the ipod. So I now have the apple bump case sitting here to remind me how foolish I was. I like a fool destroyed the package it came in. jim_joh

1. Why did you buy, arnt those free??
2. The apple bumper is the one of the best when it comes to fixing the antenna issue (aka grip of death)
3. what everyone else said

You know what.. accept the fact bump case is not made to last.. but rest assure it acts as a first defense against scratches. If you accidentally hit your iPhone against a hard surface, at least only the bump case gets damaged. The problem is then for you to purchase another one. I've discovered a website that offers a package deal for their members to pay once and get a whole year supply of bump case.. and there are plenty of cool designs to choose from. Just google for casingmaniac.com. But what really catches my attention is the price.. OMG! It's @$#$#^& affordable!!

Last edited:
youtube apple bumper drop test....looks like it does what many other cases can do for drop protection and it only covers the sides and doesnt hide the naked look of the phone that much

You know what.. accept the fact bump case is not made to last.. but rest assure it acts as a first defense against scratches. If you accidentally hit your iPhone against a hard surface, at least only the bump case gets damaged. The problem is then for you to purchase another one. I've discovered a website that offers a package deal for their members to pay once and get a whole year supply of bump case.. and there are plenty of cool designs to choose from. Just google for casingmaniac.com. But what really catches my attention is the price.. OMG! It's @$#$#^& affordable!!

It's not an Apple bump case it's a cheap knockoff.... It's a nice phone get a real case... I like the Apple bumper feels nice and protects the corners like it was designed to do.

I bought a bumper with my iphone 4 when it first came out, then apple refunded me twice, and I have to say i am pleased with it

Maybe its design was designed in the first place to reduce/cure the reception problem associated with the iphone 4. maybe it was just a quick fix before the final release of the phone after a late discovery of the reception problem..