What's new

Apple bump case is a ripoff

jim_joh

Reaction score
I spent $30 for a apple bump case and what a ripoff. It provides no protection fot the front or back what ever so I went to Bestbuy and purchased the rocketfish case for $20 and it protects all sides and the back side like the bumper case for the ipod. So I now have the apple bump case sitting here to remind me how foolish I was. I like a fool destroyed the package it came in. jim_joh

It never promised protection for the front/rear of the phone.

John

They never promised that it didn't either. The ipod bump case protected the back. Do you realize the profit in this $30 case? jim_joh

because apple claimed the front & back glass is 10x stonger than plastic. one MAY NOT need an invisible shield to protect it frm scratch.

the key word being MAY NOT.

I guess I should believe in the tooth fairy but I don't. If the back side is damaged and a case would have protected it do you think for one mimute that their warrenty would cover it? Ha!! So who is responsibile, me or Apple? jim_joh

sup i just told somone else right now about this site there pretty cool its called eliteDealzz, its a ebay store. Check em out just go onto ebay go down to the ebay store sectioin and just type in elitedealzz under ebay stores. There quick on shipping and got some cool cases to protect your phone. i ordered my case 3 days ago just got it today lovin it and keepin my iphone protected :D. Check em out have a good one

Haha. I love this convo so far. I agree that the apple bumper is very costly being since they probably paid like $3 for material and labor in china but at the same time at what point between buying it and ripping it open did you not know that it only protected the sides? I know what the package looks like... Plenty of time to decide against it.

I spent $30 for a apple bump case and what a ripoff. It provides no protection fot the front or back what ever so I went to Bestbuy and purchased the rocketfish case for $20 and it protects all sides and the back side like the bumper case for the ipod. So I now have the apple bump case sitting here to remind me how foolish I was. I like a fool destroyed the package it came in. jim_joh

I've always said that the Apple bumper was a waste of money and that's why I didn't buy one. Even now that they are giving it away, I still won't take one. I'd rather have the Belkin bumper/case. You can now get your money back fro m Apple and still keep your shitty bumper.

I like it and will use it for a few months until I get the vapor case. There are a ton if whiny ass people hanging on the iPhone bandwagon.

Apple posted record profits and can easily afford to give away bumpers and refund your $.

Most likely people are buying it because its made by apple. So they are buying the brand. But I have the Griffin ultra slim clear bumper. Its pretty good bumper, it really hugs the side pretty tight and secure. And addition to that, my phone is covered with the Ultra wrapsole full body protector. The protector is scratch and shock prof... I'll never use any protector other than wrapsole..

I got the Apple Bumper and it works exactly how they described it. I knew it would only cover the sides and offer no protection to the front or back. I also wouldn't have paid the $30 they want for it, and got it from their free bumper program since I was buying the Otterbox Defender and also had a Speck Candyshell.