What's new

Apple Asks Federal Government....

My guess is they will try get 4.2.1 out of beta. The only real problem is bluetooth I think. As soon as 4.3 is released officially then they won't bother with it anymore there would be no point...

It's like anything you buy. You can do whatever you want with it but as soon as you turn any screws it voids the warranty. Fine. They can't stop you from customizing something you own plain and simple. They would set a huge precedent that would have major repercussions. They can work their lawyers all they want but it's not happening.

wow they just released they had over 6 billion dollars in profit, but apple is gonna cry about jailbreaking, pfffffftttt..

If they won this and it came to effect that jailbreaking could result in serous punishment than, in my opinion they're going to loose on coming costumers..

i bought my iphone because i knew i would be able to customize it out and make it unique by jailbreaking, if it wasn't for that possibility. Than i would have never bought a iphone in the first place

wow they just released they had over 6 billion dollars in profit, but apple is gonna cry about jailbreaking, pfffffftttt..

If they won this and it came to effect that jailbreaking could result in serous punishment than, in my opinion they're going to loose on coming costumers..

i bought my iphone because i knew i would be able to customize it out and make it unique by jailbreaking, if it wasn't for that possibility. Than i would have never bought a iphone in the first place

Considering that less than 10% of users jail break it would not hurt Apple at all what they want to stop is pirating iTunes which means developers loose money it is similar to what happen with lime wire and songs

Considering that less than 10% of users jail break it would not hurt Apple at all what they want to stop is pirating iTunes which means developers loose money it is similar to what happen with lime wire and songs

Yeah but those 10% that pirate will be using Droid so they won't be making any money off them making it illegal. At least they can get the money for the phone itself.

The only reason why I went with an iPhone is to be able to jailbreak it and use so many of it's hidden features which for some dumb reason Apple won't allow on their phones.
Maybe if Apple wasn't so strict on the App Store or built more/better gadgets and features on the iPhone there wouldnt've been an issue.
but it's whatever goes, I'll still jailbreak my iPhone no matter what.

that was part of my agreement with Apple when I spent my 300 bucks on the iPhone.

The only reason why I went with an iPhone is to be able to jailbreak it and use so many of it's hidden features which for some dumb reason Apple won't allow on their phones.
Maybe if Apple wasn't so strict on the App Store or built more/better gadgets and features on the iPhone there wouldnt've been an issue.
but it's whatever goes, I'll still jailbreak my iPhone no matter what.

that was part of my agreement with Apple when I spent my 300 bucks on the iPhone.

I am sure the carriers don't want certain things either. I am sure Apple doesn't care how much 3G we use for example. The 3G unrestrictor is important to me. I don't really need all the other stuff even though I like having the option. I have been jailed more than broken in the time I have had it anyway. I think they are trying to give people what they want. They don't want to deal with issues concerning all the customization tho I am sure. Christ they are taking their sweet old time on the new jb lol.