What's new

App to make wireless calls

dromike15

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got my Iphone 4s a week or so ago. LOVE IT

I live in the US and am going on vacation in the bahamas. I'm looking for an app to make wireless calls TO the United States over a wireless network. I think skype is rather expensive. Are there any other options? I have tried iCall but it keets force closing on my phone. I would also like to send sms texts while im down there.

Any info would be much appreciated. Ive tried a few apps on my phone and none seem to work well

Thanks,
Mike

I read into google voice, I can make calls to the US from another country using it? That is something that I am unclear on.

i recently had this same issue. you need to get 2 apps. start with google voice and get a google voice phone number. then, download the talkatone app. you will connect to a wifi network, make your calls using the talkatone app over your google voice number. it sounds complicated but its really very simple.

on your pc, sign up for google voice, get a google voice phone number and activate it.
download the google voice app on your phone.
download the talkataone app on your phone.

when you download talkatone, you are asked what your google voice number is.

once you have that set up, and you want to make a call, simply click on the talkatone app and dial. it will use your google voice number and connect over wifi.

it worked great for me when i was recently traveling outside of the USA. saved me a ton of money on calls.

I used talkatone to call from Italy to the USA and it was great. Magic jack also is good. The problem I have found with
Talkatone is after using it the size of the app inflates and I can't seem to delete its cache. Any help would be appreciated.

Beeray