What's new

App Store says apps need updated when they don't?

bitetheapple

Reaction score
I'm on a JB 5s with 7.0.6. I keep opening up the App Store and and I see a bunch of apps and games that have the UPDATE button next to them. When I click update it just opens that app up as if it's already updated and the button never changed to OPEN. I've tried restarting my phone and everything. There are about 12 apps that are currently doing this. I thought that apps updated automatically? Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, there is an issue with iOS 7.x and the AppStore. I am not sure if it's jailbreak related/specific. And, as far as I can tell, this is pretty widespread (so, you're not alone), tho Apple has not said anything...

The solution I've read that works (and also works for some of my family members) is to either

(1) Delete and re-download the app(s). This is a bit drastic, but some people I know are a bit impatient and this works for them. :)

Or,

(2) Go to the AppStore and make a list of all the apps that need updating. Then, search for each individual app and open up its detail page. On the detail page should be an "Update" button. Pressing the Update button there seems to do the update.

I have also read that doing option #2 sometimes leaves the app with the Update still showing ... but the update has been downloaded.

Also, I've not read of others trying this - but I should think that updating the apps in iTunes on your computer and then transferring them over to your iDevice might work. But, I don't know...

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Apparently, there is an issue with iOS 7.x and the AppStore. I am not sure if it's jailbreak related/specific. And, as far as I can tell, this is pretty widespread (so, you're not alone), tho Apple has not said anything...

The solution I've read that works (and also works for some of my family members) is to either

(1) Delete and re-download the app(s). This is a bit drastic, but some people I know are a bit impatient and this works for them. :)

Or,

(2) Go to the AppStore and make a list of all the apps that need updating. Then, search for each individual app and open up its detail page. On the detail page should be an "Update" button. Pressing the Update button there seems to do the update.

I have also read that doing option #2 sometimes leaves the app with the Update still showing ... but the update has been downloaded.

Also, I've not read of others trying this - but I should think that updating the apps in iTunes on your computer and then transferring them over to your iDevice might work. But, I don't know...

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Your first method didn't work. I already tried this:

1. Make a list of the apps that won't download and then delete them.
2. Sign out of the App Store.
3. Do a hard reset on the phone by pressing the power and home buttons at the same time. Release both when you see the Apple logo.
4. Open the App Store and sign in.
5. Search for the apps and download them.

Now if you look at the Facebook app below, it says I need to download it even though its already installed?

photo.PNG