What's new

App Store Notification Download

gadget069

Reaction score
I purchased a notification sound off the app store. The preview on the app store through the phone was nice and loud, but once downloaded at set as a notification it is much quieter. Anyway to fix this?

Stupid question, but is your ring/alert volume turned down?

Settings>Sounds & Haptics

Yup, just the one volume control correct?
IMG_0847.JPG

The iPhone knows which setting you are trying to adjust when you do the adjustment to volumn while that particular function is in use. So volumn of calls changes while you adjust on a call, volumn of ringer adjusts while it is ringing, volumn of alarm or tone while that alarm or tone is sounding...

So are you saying I need to catch when I get a text message to make sure the volume is turned all the way up?

What I have done is set the ringer and alerts setting (see msg #3) to the highest setting and toggle off the change with buttons setting. That is what works for me.

What I have done is set the ringer and alerts setting (see msg #3) to the highest setting and toggle off the change with buttons setting. That is what works for me.

Thanks I did that the other day. I'll keep an ear out lol.

Good luck. Before answering you this morning I looked at my settings and had a weird discovery. On my iPad, they were set to the loudest. But when I moved the setting to the loudest setting it got quieter. 3/4 way it was louder. Very weird. New iPad too. So I will have to pursue this while I still have a warranty