What's new

Anyone Try Auto3G App from Cydia?

Suppose to preserve Battery life. Cost is $5.99

Yes - I downloaded it and installed it on my iPHONE 4. I have SBSettings installed and Intelliscreen and MYWI.

This simply does not work - it stays in 3G mode when locked and no change takes place. I am suspecting that SBSETTINGS is the problem - but I like SBSETTINGS so much that I will not give that up to get this new program.

I have not uninstalled it, it is not causing any issues - it simply does not seem to work.

I say it that way because it COULD BE working - it just leaves 3G on the top bar so I have no way to tell that it indeed DOES do anything.

Until the developer responds with a fix, I would not recommend that you purchase this if you have the same programs installed.

Auto3G just released Version 1.2 which should fix the bug you are having BillinTx. It worked a charm for me.

Auto3G just released Version 1.2 which should fix the bug you are having BillinTx. It worked a charm for me.

I came back here to report EXACTLY that - and you beat me to it Jennifer! Thanks - Yes - I am here to report that Jennifer is right - it is working - now - to see if it has any effect on battery life in the real world.

In THEORY it sounds like it could work. I will report back...

OK - used my bluetooth headset and Pandora for an hour and it i still at 98 percent. Looks promising so far.

A further follow up -
Does it "work" yes - it goes into "E"dge mode flawlessly.

Does it save any battery - at this point for me - probably not - I am CONSTANTLY checking email and sending email etc and so I am at 2:30 CST and at 64 percent bettery usage and that is what I am approximately at all the time.

Now - there are still some little problems - for example - if you unlock your phone and then go to the internet it refuses to connect - it SAYS that it has gone to 3G but it really has not made the jump to light speed yet. I am now getting periodically on the phone the message that it could not connect to the ceullular network.

Does it work it I wait about a minute - yes. Is that fun - no.

I would really like to hear from some other people on this software though - what is your experience?

Last edited:
I'd like to understand what this apps does if you have wifi on when you lock the phone. I know it doesn't touch the wifi, but does the iPhone continue to draw power for the 3 G if it's on wifi? If yes, I guess this app would help some. If not, then this app wouldn't help me much because I'm in a building with wifi coverage most of the day.
Anyone know?

I'd like to understand what this apps does if you have wifi on when you lock the phone. I know it doesn't touch the wifi, but does the iPhone continue to draw power for the 3 G if it's on wifi? If yes, I guess this app would help some. If not, then this app wouldn't help me much because I'm in a building with wifi coverage most of the day.
Anyone know?

It will turn off 3g and you will continue to use wifi. The iphone always uses whatever has the best signal.

I have been using this product for two days now.

I believe that it DOES save on battery - not in a huge way but I would say that I have 10 to 20 percent more battery left at the end of the day than I do without this program.

I installed it on my iphone4 (IOS4.1). It does turn off 3G while I have wifi at home. However when I turn off wifi, it just use edge instead 3G.

After I turn on 3G via settings and turn on wifi, it doesn't turn off 3G any more.

What settings do you have configured on auto3g?