What's new

Anyone know a good car accessory for music?

BullittJon

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to listen to the music on my iPhone 4s in my car. I drive a 2004 but it doesn't have a AUX port on the radio. I'm been doing research for a good FM receiver, but most reviews aren't great.
So my question is does anyone use or know of a decent FM receiver for the iPhone? Or better yet, is there an app that allows you to listen without the hardware. That would be sweet!

thanks

Not sure... But I simply just link the bluetooth and audio stream my music from my phone to my car's headunit.

What do you drive? A 2004...

I have a 2004 Ford Taurus. No Bluetooth in the car.

BullittJon said:
I have a 2004 Ford Taurus. No Bluetooth in the car.

Try a handheld bluetooth receiver that you use in your car. There are some that allows you to use that from your FM radio that lets you play music through your speakers (even though you don't have Bluetooth in the car). I think they use the lighter.

Thanks dorrien12, I'll look into that.

Well, I discovered I am still out of luck. The Belkin Bluetook Car Hands free looked promising, until I read that your car stereo needs an AUX jack. Mine doesn't have that feature.

Last edited:
BullittJon said:
Thanks dorrien12, I'll look into that.

Well, I discovered I am still out of luck. The Belkin Bluetook Car Hands free looked promising, until I read that your car stereo needs an AUX jack. Mine doesn't have that feature.

How about this one, Jabra Cruiser - Model HFS001?

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it had no AUX either so this is the best accessory i've bought.. It's called iSimple, it's a little pricey if you go through original store but i bought it at sonic electronics alot cheaper..

Another option is to get a new head unit installed in the car. They have really come down in price. I installed a new Sony with aux jack and USB port for thumb drive and it was $150. I can either use Pandora or Slacker from the phone or my music library is on the thumb drive and doesn't involve the phone at all.

I have the Jabra Cruiser that I recently found at Costco. Great for hands free conversations, but not a great music option.

I'm using a Belkin Tunebase, plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. It works fine for music, phone and TomTom GPS app; operates to the car radio via FM transmitter on a vacant frequency. It detects and tells you vacant frequencies to tune the radio to. Also acts as a holder & charger for the iPhone. Has a separate usb charging port for other equiment and an audio outlet if your radio has an AUX input.
It fits easily into my car (Pajero/Montero) but not into my wife's Mazda, the cigarette socket is hard to access.
Gaz

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I will look into the Jabra, iSimple and Belkin Tunebase.

Ok, I decided to go with the Go Groove Flexsmart X2 Bluetooth device. I just got it yesterday and connected it a short time ago. Pretty easy setup. Sounds great in my driveway, but I know the true test will be during the week for work. I'll let you know how it performs next week.