What's new

Anyone else having a problem with the iPhones time changing to a different time zone?

Ferrari

Reaction score
Hey so I have the iPhone 4 on AT&T and this is probably the 4th time my phone has changed it's time from Eastern to Central... it's getting ridiculous because I have missed my 10am class two times in a row because of this..

Go to settings> general> date & time/ set automatically OFF

Thanks, just did that. But it's pretty unfortunate if AT&T isn't sending out the correct time to peoples iPhones because my room mate and his friend have the same problem

Thanks, just did that. But it's pretty unfortunate if AT&T isn't sending out the correct time to peoples iPhones because my room mate and his friend have the same problem

Well tell them to turn off that setting and they will be just fine with the time.

The only time my iPhone's changed to a different time zone is when I've travelled to a different time zone.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

My iPhone changes time zones automatically twice a week, when I cross from Mountain to Pacific, and back. It even knows that the timezone change is not the Alberta/BC border. It's very accurate, and I'm assuming it uses info from cell towers for the time change. (Actually, I know it does, because my ipad doesn't change until I pick up a wifi signal) That's where I would start my hunt. See where you are when the time changes, and see if you can nail it down to a particular place.

I never have that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using the paid version of Tapatalk