What's new

Any way to recover data?

bw00ds

Reaction score
Stupid iTunes. I made a backup, confirmed it was there. Then I went through the iOS upgrade process from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2. It got stuck in recovery mode (is that it? the plug into iTunes screen). Finally got it out, but it did a factory reset. Oh, well, I have my backup. No, when I click on restore from backup instead of setup as a new iPad, the backup is not listed. I go to the directory where the backups are stored on my computer and sure enough, the folder is not there. ARRGGGH! I need to recover notes I took with an app. Is this possible? Please don't tell me about any recovery software unless that software can recover app data. Most recovery software only recovers photos, messages, etc. and then many only deal with working with existing backup files. The backup file I want is deleted somehow. Thanks.

Win 7, iPad Mini 3 4G

Very bizarre that your computer would lose a backup. Have you considered doing a system restore to the point you did see the back up? Also, you may want to post this question on our sister forum where it might receive more attention. Apple iPad Forum

Hey, that's an idea. I'll give it a try and hopefully, I'll have a restore point at a convenient date. But it is bizarre. I even double checked as I always do before an iOS change.

Well, that didn't work. I just don't understand why this could happen.

It can happen if you have insufficient space on your hard drive to back up the device. Usually one gets a warning if this happens the back up,will fail.