What's new

iPhone 5 Notes App Crashing + Deleted Note Recovery

ring2theworm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my iPhone 5 (7.1.1) Notes app has recently started crashing. This started when I (stupidly) deleted a duplicate of a very important note before backing the phone up. I was confused as to why there was a duplicate and thought nothing of it and deleted it. Now neither note is in the phone anywhere. I can use the search for other notes and they can be found, opened and seen but this note in particular (both duplicates) are now gone. After doing this my notes app will crash every time when trying to open it from the home screen.

From what I have found restoring from a backup is what needs to be done, however my most recent backup is from 9 days ago. This is not the biggest deal but I would definitely prefer not to lose 9 days worth of data.

Any suggestions on this?

Also, any suggestions on programs that can recover the one deleted note from my phone before I restore from the backup? Reason being is I added more information to that note after the last backup that I would love to get back if possible. I know there are programs ($60+) that can recover lots of files from various places on the phone but I only need that single note. All free/trial versions will only allow you to see the files while the couple that allow "3 free file recoveries" etc., will crash. Curious if anyone knows of a working program that can do this without spending the money for the full version.

Sorry for being long winded, just trying to be thorough in explaining what is happening. Any information on either issue is much appreciated. Thanks!