What's new

Antivirus suggestions

mach

Reaction score
I wanted to hear your opinions about antivirus programs to Iphone 4, of which you find it more reliable to have on your phone. Also so you find it necessary to have it on Iphone?

Your chances of getting a virus on ur iphone is very low. I'll say about 0.01%. All im saying is its not needed

you dont need one at all.. be a waste of time downloading one, if one even exists for the iphone

anti virus software on your iphone? if you're smart enough to jailbreak your iphone then you're smart enough to not receive a virus on a device that has about a 0.0001% chance of receiving one.

yes but some people use SSH and they dont change the default password, they you get people connecting to random iphones deleting everything on the iphone or messing things up.. so people who jailbreak and use SSH make sure you use terminal or issh from app store and change the password.. it probably wont happen toy ou even if you leave the default password but you have to be safe and you never know

thanks for the tips, I saw these antiviruses on App store and thought maybe it has become necessary for Apple devices too. Its my first time that I am using an Apple, so I don't know anything about this system.

By the way, is it risky to jailbreak an Iphone? Will it damage the system?
Can someone recommend a site or a thread explaining jailbreaking?

thanks in advance

jailbreaking does not harm your iphone. just be sure never to pay for jailbreak or unlock if you will ever intend to use unlock and make sure you follow the right people and use the right tools because if you use the wrong tool you could end up needing to restore and if you have not backed up you lose data.

iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone i would advise using that site or the hacking section here for full information on jailbreaking and how to do it and what are some good apps, phil in the news section has reviewed some pretty good cydia apps

thank you Unleashed for your reply. I will try it when I get some free time in weekend.

Dont bother bro i didnt even think the iPhone could get viruses. My Android on the other hand... haha

My "Yahoo Mobile" connection was recently hacked by 115.184.155.90 in Calcutta, India... An email was sent to everyone in my Yahoo Mail "Contacts"! The only mobile device I use is an iPhone... Was my iPhone hacked?

improbable, I hear of many emails accounts hacked not nessesary from a mobile phone, beware you give you personal info and email in fake or mirror pages.