What's new

The best antivirus

ImNotADweeb

Reaction score
What is the best antivirus for you? I download a lot of apps free and paid. As a new iPhone user, I wanna download the best antivirus whether I have to buy it or not. I will gladly appreciate your suggestions, thanks in advance!

I agree with Chris951... i have a McAfee installed but i cant remember whether i've used it or not... >.<

I am a Norton user for such a long time... I use Norton for my laptop, pc, and phones and never had a problem with it.

All an antivirus does on an iOS device is slow it down. There is absolutely no need for it.
+1... Unless someone can show me substacial proof that an anti-virus program has actually PROTECTED thier iDevice from something... I will never use and/or recommend the use to anyone.

have to agree with what has been said,theres really no need for one.

in that case, ill just delete my antivirus... i thought it is doing its work by scanning my phone each time i open it and download app/game..... never thought that it is just consuming some of my phone memory... hahaha thanks for sharing

+1... Unless someone can show me substacial proof that an anti-virus program has actually PROTECTED thier iDevice from something... I will never use and/or recommend the use to anyone.

I read an article yesterday that points out that apps within the iOS are not able to scan or affect each other. So these antivirus or privacy apps are not really able to scan the system due to iOS app limitations... so.. good bye antivirus app!

You have no need to install any antivirus for iOS, It will just take your phone memory and make it slow.

glad to see I most likely won't need to install an antivirus

Just posted something like this on ipadforums, so I hope I don't get chewed out for repeating myself.

There is no antivirus for iPhone. It is impossible for any developer to write one and even hope to have it in the App Store. The reason for this is simple: it would have so many hooks into iOS that Apple would blow if out of the water without a second thought.

Only Apple could write an AV app, and thye clearly don't think it's worth the bother.