What's new

iPhone 4S Security

sheppjg

Reaction score
I'm new to the Apple mobile world, have an Apple iPhone 4S with Verizon account, and am worried about security.  For background, I'm an information systems engineer from a mostly Microsoft background and would never consider running any Microsoft device without firewall, intrusion detection, antivirus, etc.  So far, I haven't been able to determine what provisions for security are delivered on the 4S (or Apple devices in general), what security applications may be available, and what if any can be applied without jailbreaking or rooting.  Searches on the Internet for firewalls and antivirus are confusing, and a search on this form for firewall didn't turn up any posts.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Generally there are none, you don't really need any for ios devices, well I wont bash other os's but unlike others that seem to need an anti virus or such security measures. you have the location services where when opening each app you are asked if you want to accept and send data to the dev of each app so you are in full control which is one of the plus sides to apple wanting to control everything. You are not in a world of windows where all that stuff is needed :)

I am not saying ios or osx is 100% virus free but close enough to not need to worry about having an anti virus.

I do like windows though and have several windows machines and have owned a windows mobile in the past.