What's new

Another iPhone 12 Pro issue to add to the list

lewbar

Reaction score
Hi...my previous discussion about the iPhone 12 Pro resulted in lots of suggestions and blaming either Verizon, Spectrum Mobile or Apple and each saying it's the others fault resulted in no resolution.
So now I have another issue.
iPhone 12 Pro...this has happened about 4 times in the last couple months and just adds to our love of iPhone 12 Pro. On my wife's phone....all will be fine and dandy, texting back and forth and then the next day there a zero texts from that person...or another person. So far, 4 different people that she has text messages from are gone. Their name and info is still in the contacts, but not a trace of a single text from them. Hasn't happened to my phone, only hers but then again I'm sure someone will say it's not the phones fault.
Any thoughts?

Hi...my previous discussion about the iPhone 12 Pro resulted in lots of suggestions and blaming either Verizon, Spectrum Mobile or Apple and each saying it's the others fault resulted in no resolution.
So now I have another issue.
iPhone 12 Pro...this has happened about 4 times in the last couple months and just adds to our love of iPhone 12 Pro. On my wife's phone....all will be fine and dandy, texting back and forth and then the next day there a zero texts from that person...or another person. So far, 4 different people that she has text messages from are gone. Their name and info is still in the contacts, but not a trace of a single text from them. Hasn't happened to my phone, only hers but then again I'm sure someone will say it's not the phones fault.
Any thoughts?
Check Settings>Messages>scroll down to Message History open that and make sure it is set to what you prefer.
Now, check available storage on the iPhone in question. What you describe will also occur if the iPhone is low on available storage. Your other post shows you may not be clear on doing backups to your iPhone, this is one of the reasons you should do a backup periodically. You can back up your iPhone to iCloud or to a computer using iTunes but it is something you should do.

Check Settings>Messages>scroll down to Message History open that and make sure it is set to what you prefer.
Now, check available storage on the iPhone in question. What you describe will also occur if the iPhone is low on available storage. Your other post shows you may not be clear on doing backups to your iPhone, this is one of the reasons you should do a backup periodically. You can back up your iPhone to iCloud or to a computer using iTunes but it is something you should do.
Bear7962....I thank you very much for your ideas and input. And I really don't mean to be negative with those that have posted replies to try to help me out...it is appreciated.
But to answer your questions directly, when I go to Setting...Messages, well there are a lot of things on that page but there is no message history. I've looked and had my wife and daughter look also on their iPhone 12 Pro and they don't have it either. So I was not able to look at or make any change there.
As far as the phone being close to full or anything, I'm currently at 43% of 128gb being used. I don't know, but don't think that would qualify as almost being full...at least I would hope not.
I do back-ups periodically to my computer because I only have 5gb of data storage, but since I've had iPhones (all the way back to my first iPhone 6s and continuing with each new phone), I've always backed them up on a monthly basis to my computer. I am just wondering about the future of back-ups with Apple saying that Itunes will be gone shortly. Time will tell.
Again, I do thank you...we all (4 of us...2 Verizon and 2 Spectrum Mobile) are having the same issue and we have investigated all of the comments made on here and those that we haven't done, we have completed them.
Again, thanks

The info I gave you came from Apple, it is what they post as the cause and solution. As to Settings>Messages, scroll down further, it’s below Blocked Contacts.

1638152281699.jpeg