What's new

Androidlock XT -> modify

nightfreak

Reaction score
it it possible to modify the "max attempts" to 1 in Androidlock XT ?

My problem is:
I am using Androidlock XT + ICaughtU which takes a Photo and sends an SMS if someone draws the wrong pattern.
BUT: in the Androidlock XT settings the "max attempts" can't be set up less then 3 attempts.

I want it to send photo+sms at the first time because if someone tries using my phone, dumb users will try it 1 time to draw the pattern. No one will try it 3 times because everybody knows he won't get it.

Is there any way changing the settings in Androidlock? Maybe editing any *.dylib files or something else???

Thanks!!

I, too, use AndroidLock XT. Although I don't know if it's possible to modify your attempts. Doing so would probably require cracking the app... which is getting into the realm of sketchy.

hm... i originally bought the app, but if it's only possible by installing a cracked one, it would also be no problem ;)

hm... i originally bought the app, but if it's only possible by installing a cracked one, it would also be no problem ;)
The only problem w/ installing a cracked app... it's cracked illegally from a paid app, which is piracy. And piracy is a topic that will not be discussed here @ iPhoneForums. Not being rude I promise... just giving you a heads up.

thanks for your advice,... in fact i think it must be possible by hex-editing the AndroidLock.dylib ... and thats not cracking
i read about changing texts in the app by hex-editing, so maybe this can also be done and someone has an idea....

thanks for your advice,... in fact i think it must be possible by hex-editing the AndroidLock.dylib ... and thats not cracking
i read about changing texts in the app by hex-editing, so maybe this can also be done and someone has an idea....
Good deal! Hopefully this will work for you... love the idea of integrating the AndroidLock XT w/ ICaughtU!!!

Anyone figure anything out? This bothers me so much! I figure by the third attempt the thief will give up trying, thus defeating the entire point

no, i sent the developer a message on twitter because it would be very easy to add the additional number of "1" max attempts, but he doesn't care about the people and gives no answer !!